Director Client Services at Paylocity
The Director of Client Services will provide high level leadership for the service delivery of our payroll, HR and time and attendance solutions for our service center. The Director will be tasked to drive the Service delivery strategy and its execution and be accountable for performance, retention and customer satisfaction while reviewing expansion opportunities to ensure scalability and business continuity.
The Director of Client Services will share leadership responsibilities for our client center with other directors and be accountable for 4-8 client teams (with 4-8 managers and 2-5 team leads per manager) and over 100 employees supporting approximately 5000-6000 (about one third) of our clients across the US.
Paylocity has grown revenue by more than 25% each year over the past 3 years and plans to continue this growth rate therefore we are looking for a leader who can create scalability for our service delivery model, implement process improvement and change strategies, identify expansion opportunities and maintain client satisfaction and loyalty through a growth mode. This position will be measured by retention, profitability and customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The Director is charged with achieving high quality of service across the client base supported by their service center, meeting agreed upon departmental deliverables and ensuring key operational performance metrics are met.
- Provide necessary leadership to enhance and improve client relationships through a high performing team of service personnel who are charged with “owning the relationships” of our clients. Manage cross functional team support and develop strong business relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to set the vision and culture for continuous process and quality improvement within the service center. Reports on metrics and action plans to entire team and senior management.
- Work with other service directors in Schaumburg and other centers to maintain consistent service model designs and processes and to drive change and improvement agendas across the service function.
- The Director may handle service delivery escalations that require senior management intervention to remedy any service failures.
- Ability to lead cross functional programs which reduce client and internal effort.
- Ensure all internal audit and compliance requirements are met. Oversee leaders that serve as point people for internal audit and compliance requests.
- Make recommendations and contribute to the design and implementation of new product functionality and additional service offerings
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop management staff. Responsible for one-on-one meetings, performance appraisals, growth opportunities and attracting new talent.
- Communicates to their client services teams to ensure employee understanding and engagement. Presents, along with management team, new policies and initiatives to team.
- Improve client loyalty as measured through NPS surveys and client retention
- Prepares and reports on location’s annual budget (headcount plan, productivity goals and capital expenditures). Manage expenses to the established budget/plan.
- Ability to travel.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years senior leadership experience with emphasis on customer service (ideally in a payroll service bureau environment)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven leadership competencies running service centers, call centers, or other similar operations
- Proven experience leading through significant growth
- Experience driving cross-functional process improvement initiatives
- Experience with process design and roll-out in a B2B environment that keeps the client experience at the forefront of the decision making and implementation process.
- Broad knowledge of Payroll/HRIS/Time and Attendance or other B2B application
- Strong judgment with the proven ability to balance growth, retention and profitability business goals against operational constraints and risk
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships which introduce win-win solutions across departments and with clients
- Ability to demonstrate leadership style, supported by clear understandable strategies with a strong focus on results
- Demonstrated success as a strong and influential negotiator
- Demonstrated ability implementing scalable business processes during periods of high growth
- Proven ability to drive decisions and actions among diverse groups to achieve goals
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Highly complex problem solving ability
- Ability to work effectively within the organization where the position does not have responsibility over functional teams but does have overall responsibility for client satisfaction/retention
- Salesforce experience a plus.