What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Director of Client Success who will set the vision for the team, directly supervise our Client Success teams’ work and mentor them for career growth. Our Client Success team oversees the lifecycle of our client’s interactions with our software, from onboarding to steady-state, and as a leader on this team you will be responsible for managing this experience in a metric- and data-driven manner.
Our Client Success department includes three integrated teams: Solution Architecture, Client Outcomes, and Technical Support. They are responsible for implementing, configuring and managing the delivery of Civis Analytics’ data science software to ensure successful user adoption and high organizational impact, and maintaining the balance between the reactive support of client tickets and proactive, technically-specialized support. They also support software sales, leading demos, POCs, and scoping complex software deliveries as a part of ‘team sport’ sales business development efforts.
The Director of Client Success works closely with cross-functional teams across the company - including Applied Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Sales - to optimize client outcomes from software delivery. The Director of Client Success reports to the Managing Director of Public Sector.
- Increasing renewal rates and reducing churn through effective customer management.
- Setting the vision for how Client Success can best support Civis engagements and software solutions, and how to best partner with Civis’ Applied Data Science, Engineering, and Product teams on engagements.
- Team management, structure and staffing:
- Providing coaching, guidance to position the team for success and career growth.
- Refining operational metrics for team and Customer Health.
- Hiring and onboarding the best client success talent.
- Managing and coaching to ensure delivery of high-quality work and effective sales support, including:
- Ensuring successful delivery, onboarding, and support of users onto Civis software to help achieve our clients’ business goals through the usage of Civis technology.
- Optimizing delivery processes for the Client Success team, including customer onboarding, training, user adoption, and user retention.
- Joining high-profile client engagements and sales opportunities as a trusted and credible technical expert.
- Engaging with Product as a partner in ensuring Civis’ product experiences, and holistic client lifecycle management programs are achieving our clients’ business goals.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7-10 years experience in software implementation and client success, including those implemented at enterprise-scale organizations.
- 7-10 years of client management experience.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Provide oversight and direction to your team in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Experience with SQL, ETL workflows, and data solutions.
- Technically capable with log data analysis, and basic navigation inside a unix/linux environment.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk or Salesforce including administration, reporting, and process setting.
- Proven track record of driving projects to successful completion, on time and on budget.
- US work authorization required.
- Experience programming in Python or R.
- Experience in software training and/or onboarding.
- Knowledge of data science concepts.
- Experience delivering across sectors/industries
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW