At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director of Clinical Applications to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As Director of Clinical Apps at VillageMD, you will own the implementation, support, and overall success of clinical technologies, including the EHR, to drive better care and patient experience. You will lead a national team that ensures clinical technology is continually optimized and tuned for all primary care needs. As a hands-on practitioner, you and your team will collaborate close with your clinical and operational owners to ensure VillageMD continually improves the overall experience of leveraging technology to deliver better medicine for all patients in need.
You will be stepping into a rapidly growing, mission-oriented environment and will need to embody the duality of both our patient-first culture. Adaptability, pragmatism, transparency and trust will guide your agile delivery mentality that makes stakeholders, staff, and all team members feel engaged.
How you can make a difference
- Through strong leadership and collaboration skills, deliver a high-quality clinical end user experience predictably and consistently through throughout the implementation and support cycles.
- Enable an agile program management methodology that provides the appropriate amount of flexibility and discipline to consistently exceed clinical user expectations.
- Advance a configuration management strategy that leverages internally built capabilities and 3rd party features to drive innovation and still manage a low-risk environment.
- Collaborate with our patient, physician and pop health product teams to identify and implement enhancements that further enhance our overall care delivery model
- Continue the evolution of our clinical app implementation methodology through engagement with clinical operations to drive a transparent, flexible, and collaborative prioritization process.
- Travel up to 80% of the time to our clinics across the country.
Skills for success
- A bias for action and an understanding of how to implement process to gain speed while appropriately mitigating project and program risk
- Strong analytical and technical skills/aptitude
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strong leadership skills to manage remote teams and build clear processes across clinical and non-clinical stakeholders
- An understanding of technology development and roadmapping, and an ability to lead a team that creates a new EMR experience by combining the ingenuity and creativity of our engineering and analytics teams into the everyday EMR experience of end users.
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- 8+ years of full-time experience leading large-scale technology projects enabling care teams, physicians, and staff, from initial implementation through the full life cycle.
- 6+ years’ experience of successfully leading high performance teams across the country.
- Experience in a tech-forward organization, collaborating with clinical and operational.
- Experience optimizing (process, org, tech) multi-regional clinics in ambulatory setting, maximizing technology ROI.
- Track record of successfully executing a program with competing priorities, multiple dependencies, and several stakeholders.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.