Director, Clinical Quality Improvement at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, the Director of Clinical Quality Improvement will be a service-minded, subject matter expert providing hands-on market support to implement quality programs and drive best practice quality initiatives across the enterprise. Using a results-oriented approach, you will work with central and market leadership to establish and implement program improvements, benchmarks and quality indicator methodologies designed to elevate operations and clinical services.
Integral to our Product Development team, the Director, Clinical Quality Improvement will provide education and coaching across the organization and help to implement shared best practices and tools that improve enterprise knowledge and execution in these critical areas of our operation. You’ll need to demonstrate a track record of forging meaningful relationships with both executive leadership and primary care providers with the ability to distill technical expertise to actionable tactics across our market provider partners. As a new member of our team, you’ll initially be responsible for owning the organizational methodology for quality to drive market execution.
What are some examples of projects you will be leading as Director, Clinical Quality Improvement at VillageMD?
- Driving industry leading performance across commercial contracts, Medicare Advantage Star Ratings, MACRA/MSSP and other payer quality programs for the collective VillageMD
- Owning the enterprise quality plan, identifying top opportunities and operating priorities by market along with the roadmap and execution of the plan
- Identifying the technology, training and tools required to drive top tier quality performance across VillageMD operations and clinical partners
- Supporting payer relationships and processes including but not limited to; data and reporting access, supplemental data submission, leading annual MACRA/MSSP reporting process to ensure accurate and timely submission across all markets, etc.
- Developing and implementing systems, policies, and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of quality performance and measurement data
- Coordinating and completing all quality improvement activities required to meet national accreditation and regulatory performance improvement initiatives
- Keeping current of new state, federal and, third-party regulations or accreditation standards impacting quality
- Advancing best practices, consistency and standard approaches to meet ongoing market needs
What will make you successful here?
- You have a propensity for personal production and initiative and a track record of results associated with your direct participation
- You have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You have a strong work ethic that lends to building successful partnerships with diverse stakeholder groups
- You are accomplished at distilling complex, technical information to stakeholders at an operational level to effect change
- You have managed matrixed relationships and service line performance to P&L owners
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Facilitate strategic and tactical planning for quality improvement programs, including needs assessments, evaluations, root cause analysis and interventions
- Develop an enterprise quality plan, identifying top opportunities and operating priorities by market along with the roadmap and execution of the plan
- Develop an education and training program for local market operating teams and provider partners
- Establish professional relationships with key stakeholders including executive leadership and primary care providers to facilitate quality measures both internally and externally
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, related clinical degree or equivalent experience, highly preferred
- Current state’s RN license, preferred
- 7+ years of quality management, quality improvement or healthcare operations experience
- Strong understanding of HEDIS, Stars, MIPs and MACRA / GPRO
- Exposure to risk adjustment and care management, preferred
- Proven leadership experience including program development and implementation as well as identifying and deploying cross-organization best practices in quality measures
- You are skilled at partnering with key stakeholders and executive level leadership to drive transformation and change management initiatives
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility
- This role can be based in any major metropolitan area in the Midwest or East Coast with a preference to one of VillageMD's current markets; 60% travel is required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.