Director, Compliance Program Management Office at Walgreens
Leads the development of the RPU Compliance Project Management Office. Responsible for oversight and administration of materials relating to the core elements of the RPU compliance program including standards/governance, training, monitoring, investigations and other related obligations. Manages cross-functional initiatives associated with these elements. Prepares reports for senior stakeholders and interfaces with Legal and other business colleagues. Provides project management guidance relating to governance, risk and compliance committees.
- Leads cross-functional working groups relating to compliance initiatives. Manages meetings and ensures follow-through of associated action items and required tasks.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to evaluate the business and compliance impact associated with new and revised regulatory requirements.
- Partners with appropriate teams in order to identify training audiences (including third parties) relating to compliance policies and procedures.
- Oversees the drafting and submission of reports to regulatory agencies.
- Assists in direction and oversight of exclusion screening process and compliance risk assessment process.
- Develops reports and presentations for senior stakeholder compliance and governance committees.
- Maintains records relating to compliance initiatives and identifies opportunities to streamline processes.
- Applies broad knowledge to identify opportunities. Conducts research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and projects. Recommends strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified are of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and targets.
- Facilitates communication between staff, stakeholders, vendors, and other resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior leadership to keep abreast of goals and targets. Interacts with peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Develops and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6-years of experience working in a legal and/or regulatory environment OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience working in a legal and/or regulatory environment.
- At least 6 years project management and/or compliance experience
- Intermediate to advanced level skill/knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including project management resources.
- At least 3 years of experience with direct leadership and/or cross functional team guidance.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Advanced degree, e.g., MBA or Juris Doctorate
- Experience with regulatory compliance requirements pertaining to retail pharmacy and/or healthcare provider industries
- Experience working with confidential or highly-sensitive information
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within the organization