Director of Construction at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Construction Director, based Remote.
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation!
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Construction Director to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As the Construction Director, you will handle a wide variety of projects to grow, support and improve the organization’s physical infrastructure. As a new member of our team, you will initially be responsible for helping with the on-time opening of new clinics.
How you can make a difference
- Oversee the stand-alone site construction process through handoff to operations and clinic open.
- Develop, refine, and continually update process workflows to achieve efficiencies.
- Manage with local jurisdictions and municipalities.
- Engage, coordinate, and manage all the consultant needed during site due diligence and development.
- Manage GTECH and environmental issues, entitlement, zoning and variance matters, facilitate and expedite permitting.
- Manage all pre-construction matters.
- Manage and lead all external parties (3rd party developer, landlord, city officials, planning and building departments, brokers, etc.) through the development process.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: pre-construction duties (e.g. programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, consultant selection, design team selection, schedule creation, contractor selection, and vendor selection), ground-breaking, and all management of all of the aforementioned.
- Extensive interface with architects, VillageMD business line leadership and stakeholders and vendors.
- Provide appropriate level of supervision to ensure construction/project performance criteria are being met.
- Communicate effectively to all internal and external stakeholders all project, internal and client issues.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors, and omissions, etc.).
- Delivering projects utilizing the firm’s construction platform with a firm grasp of its capabilities and reports.
Skills for success
- Ability to communicate status of multiple locations/projects clearly and concisely
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and the potential challenges that arise during the pre-development and development phase.
- Proficient in capital plan creation and management.
- Retail development experience preferred (preferably execution of retail brands in multisite locations
- Experience working with 3rd party developers and landlords.
- Experience representing and driving tenant timeline throughout the development process.
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8+ years of experience as a Construction Program Lead.
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and space planning concepts.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients as well as external team members (architects, contractors, stakeholders, etc.).
- Ability to manage all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, submittals, change orders.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling, and process as they relate to corporate real estate.
- Ability to lead individuals across a national platform to deliver execution results.
- Experience working with landlords, developers, and institutional owners.
- Travel as needed to construction sites.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.