Director Corporate Compliance Vendor Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Compliance Vendor Management will oversee and set the strategic priorities for the Compliance Vendor Management Program. This role will partner with Third Party Risk Management and business engagement owners to ensure early self-identification of issues, provide necessary advice for remediation and provide ongoing monitoring of vendor engagements.
The Director will be responsible for assessing regulatory and legal requirements, reviewing vendor engagement scope and providing a consultant-based approach to effectively challenge requirements related to vendor engagements. Excellent people management skills are necessary to hire, retain & engage a talented team to mitigate risk across the areas of a high regulatory focus.
- Provide strategic direction for Compliance Vendor Management Program, including building new and enhanced processes, procedures and vendor risk evaluations
- Oversee due diligence on the third party service providers commensurate with the compliance risk involved in the relationship being established.
- Oversee risk assessments for third party service providers to identify and mitigate compliance risk
- Monitor ongoing oversight activities executed by Engagement Owners
- Develop and provide performance metrics snapshot, including weekly aging assessment report, monthly assessment cycle times, and monthly LOB risk officer assessment status reporting
- Partner with the Risk, Business, and Legal leaders to ensure early self-identification of issues and provide advice in remediation and in building the control environment
- Provide support, coaching, and counsel to the team by authoring and assigning goals, conducting periodic coaching and feedback reviews, and annual performance evaluations
- Identify compliance risks resulting from new or revised laws and regulations, internal business strategies, initiatives, and projects to ensure vendor action plans are developed. Action plans include, but are not limited to establishing training, procedures, best-practice standards and other controls
- Interact with regulatory examiners and oversee exams to provide support to business units regarding relevant regulatory exams and internal audits
- Develop and presents status updates of activities, compliance issues, and program initiatives to upper management & committee reports while assisting with board reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in consumer compliance, third party risk management, legal, including people management or related field
- 8+ years of experience in consumer compliance, third party risk management, legal, including people management, or related field
- Familiarity with compliance management systems and specific knowledge of consumer compliance related laws and regulations as they apply to financial services
- Master's Degree in Law, Business, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in consumer compliance, third party risk management, legal, including people management, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in managing managers
- Certified professional (Internal Audit, public accountant, law degree, Risk Management, etc.) to evidence command/expertise of subject matter in relevant field
- Indicates strong knowledge and command of regulatory compliance requirements
- CRCM or similar license
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.