Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Corporate Compliance will develop and lead the team responsible for ensuring compliance with non-consumer laws and regulations for Discover’s $100bn bank holding company. A successful candidate will ensure that the non-consumer compliance function is a strong component of the company’s compliance management system.
- Partner with first line to ensure understanding and adherence to prudential and other non-consumer laws and regulations applicable to the company.
- Develops and implements the non-consumer compliance program, policies, standards, procedures, metrics and escalation thresholds.
- Participation in development of a corporate compliance risk assessment.
- Lead a team conducting risk-based monitoring and evaluation activities, including risk assessment, monitoring and testing, analysis of findings, and reporting to ensure effective, sustainable risk management processes exist.
- Utilize knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques to analyze, quantify, and/or assess risks and to evaluate controls to identify potential weaknesses and/or control gap.
- Provide reporting on key metrics, emerging risks, trends, findings and corrective actions to enterprise management committees.
- Participate in regulatory, Internal Audit, and Risk Testing examinations
- Build metrics and Key Risk Indicators to manage and improve performance, as well as to monitor the status of the program.
- Support, supervise, and develop staff as part of career development initiatives and provide timely staff reviews
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable compliance laws and regulations, industry trends, emerging issues, and ability to understand their applicability to risk management strategies, including the scoping of risk evaluations and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field. Master’s degree, CRCM or JD preferred.
- 10 + years relevant job experience required dealing with compliance and risk management matters within financial services, including focus on compliance and risk management areas.
- 7+ years of progressive people management experience including experience as a manager of other managers.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.