Director of Customer Experience
CarAdvise is pioneering a new and better way for drivers across the U.S. to schedule, approve and pay for car repair and maintenance from the palm of their hand. CarAdvise members enjoy discounted pricing at thousands of shops across the U.S., reliable advice from our unbiased technicians, and an enhanced customer experience. We’re looking for candidates who are eager to disrupt and transform an outdated and untrusted segment of the auto industry!
The Director of Customer Experience will be responsible for ensuring CarAdvise members are happy and informed throughout each step of the customer journey. This individual will also be committed to operational excellence, ensuring the right processes are in place to delight our customers and partners. We are a startup poised for massive growth in the next year and this role will be crucial to ensure the business scales to meet growing customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help grow and scale the customer experience department.
- Directly contribute to the company's goals of improving NPS scores and member retention and engagement.
- Develop operational processes and protocol internally designed to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Identify key operational inefficiencies within customer support team and develop, execute and evaluate processes to correct them.
- Build, energize and lead an engaged, high performing team.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” for CarAdvise’s product, engineering, operations, finance, and business development teams.
- Identify recurring problems with work processes, policies, or procedures; contributes ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the business and/or improve productivity.
- A player/coach equally willing and capable of rolling up your sleeves to complete tasks without a large support team and guiding a team to achieve company and department goals.
- Action oriented, customer-focused with great organization, operational and people management skills.
- A team player that can work cross-functionally with other departments, including operations, business development, product, engineering and finance.
- A problem solver that can identify issues critical to delivering a positive customer experience and propose actionable solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working in a customer service or success role is required, with 2+ spent managing a team of customer service representatives, preferably in a startup or otherwise fast-paced technology company.
- Proven track record of working successfully in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Experience training and onboarding new employees preferred.
- BA/BS from a 4-year college or university is required.
CarAdvise is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace and strive to foster an inclusive environment for all of our employees.