Director, Customer Success - Assigned
Sprout Social is seeking a talented Customer Success leader to oversee and grow our Assigned team within our Customer Success department. The Director of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success organization that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the adoption of Sprout Social’s software. The Assigned team handles our largest, most sophisticated enterprise accounts with a high-touch approach to retention and management. The Director will lead this team across a portfolio of diverse and social-savvy accounts and be responsible for achieving retention quotas, hiring and developing managers and individual contributors, directly engaging with customers, and collaborating with other teams across Sprout Social. The Director will help execute different strategies to retain and grow our enterprise programs in conjunction with Marketing, Product, Support, and Sales.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading Customer Success teams at high-growth SaaS organizations with a sophisticated, diverse customer base. You should be highly motivated, analytical, possess outstanding communication skills and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. The Director of Customer Success draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, analyzing data, building relationships with customers, creating campaigns, evaluating workflow processes, and working with various operational tool sets.
As the Director of Customer Success, you are part of our Customer Success organization that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 25,000 brands around the world including Evernote, GrubHub, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create long-lasting connections with their customers through social media.
- Proven experience leading customer success teams in a SaaS environment with a consistent track record of exceeding retention/churn quotas or adoption targets.
- Adept at building enterprise customer relationships and helping team members achieve similar results.
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Strong empathy for customers.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering organizations and provide customer feedback to help guide our roadmap.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Within 1 month you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the VP of Sales and Customer Success to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Get to know your team (managers and their direct reports) and work to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Create an early concept of the future plan for improving customer adoption and retention and begin prioritizing.
- Familiarize yourself with our customers and understand our various customer segments, value drivers, and areas of opportunity; dive deep into the numbers supporting these areas
- Begin meeting with our largest customers and developing relationships.
- Begin coaching and mentoring managers to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Fully understand our existing customer success processes and how each department (customer success, marketing, product, sales, and support) contributes. Identify areas of opportunity.
Within 6 months you will…
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to product adoption and team productivity.
- Have formed relationships with our most important customers in conjunction with the Customer Success team.
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships.
- Demonstrate personal leadership perspective and share learnings and best practices across the organization.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally, and empower your managers to grow. Continue to hire on an as needed basis.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing industry trends and product vision to help our customers identify their needs and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed product adoption targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against long term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!