Sprout Social is seeking a talented Customer Success leader to oversee and grow our Strategic team within our Customer Success department. The Director of Customer Success will contribute to the development of a world-class Customer Success organization that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the adoption of Sprout Social’s software.
The Strategic team handles our largest, most sophisticated Enterprise accounts with a high-touch approach to retention and management. The Director will lead this team across a portfolio of diverse and social-savvy accounts and be responsible for achieving retention quotas, hiring and developing Customer Success leaders and their respective teams, directly engaging with customers, and collaborating with other teams across Sprout Social. The Director will help execute different strategies to retain and grow our Enterprise programs in conjunction with Marketing, Product, Support and Sales. The Director of Customer Success draws on their experience when coaching direct reports, analyzing data, building relationships with customers, creating campaigns, evaluating workflow processes, and working with various operational tool sets.
As the Director of Customer Success, you are part of our Customer Success organization that is focused on cultivating strong relationships and loyalty with more than 20,000 brands around the world including: Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create long-lasting connections with their customers through social media.
We’re looking for a relationship driven leader who has extensive experience leading Customer Success teams at high-growth SaaS organizations with a sophisticated, diverse customer base. If you possess outstanding communication skills, are highly motivated, analytical, and willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Proven experience as a second line leader leading Customer Success teams in a SaaS environment
- A proven track record of exceeding retention/churn quotas or adoption targets with a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Adept at managing and navigating large complex Enterprise customer relationships
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering organizations and provide customer feedback to help guide our roadmap
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the VP of Customer Success to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Get to know your team (managers and ICs) and work to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity.
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Create an early concept of the future plan for improving customer adoption and retention and begin prioritizing.
- Familiarize yourself with our customers and understand our various customer segments, value drivers, and areas of opportunity; dive deep into the numbers supporting these areas
- Begin meeting with our largest customers and developing relationships.
- Begin coaching and mentoring managers to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Fully understand our existing customer success processes and how each department (customer success, marketing, product, sales, and support) contributes. Identify areas of opportunity.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to product adoption and team productivity.
- Have formed relationships with our most important customers in conjunction with the Customer Success team.
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships.
- Demonstrate personal leadership perspective and share learnings and best practices across the organization.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally, and empower your managers to grow. Continue to hire on an as needed basis.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing industry trends and product vision to help our customers identify their needs and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed product adoption targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against long term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and begin creating bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.