Screencastify is a powerful and versatile product for teachers and students, and its versatility leads to quite a few questions from individual users. As our first Director of Customer Support, you will drive customer loyalty by prioritizing support-driven growth, collaborate across all departments to provide insights from customer feedback, and consistently push the entire organization to make customers' experience the main focus of Screencastify.Why is this role special?
You'll help individuals feel valued. Students, teachers, and school leaders around the world depend on Screencastify for teaching and learning. The need for great support not only puts a smile on our customers’ faces but can also directly impact student outcomes.
You’ll help every member of the team get involved in supporting Screencastify customers. Knowledge gained from customer interactions helps all teams reach their goals and participate in the kinds of conversations that lead to better Screencastify products.
You'll tackle our most interesting and impactful problems. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between sales, marketing, engineering, design — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
RequirementsAs the Director of Customer Support, you will:
- Continue to design and build out the function of Customer Experience at Screencastify, in collaboration with the current Support Team and Screencastify Leadership.
- Manage a team of dedicated and hardworking customer support professionals. You’ll work to understand each employee’s career aspirations and help them achieve their goals.
- Influence how Screencastify provides support-driven growth by providing a customer perspective to internal stakeholders.
- Eliminate roadblocks for escalations and help Screencastify quickly resolve complex customer issues that cut across multiple departments.
- Lead individual customers’ onboarding experiences, adoption, and expansion across a range of relationships to help drive faster and better returns from the customer’s investment with Screencastify.
- Develop and execute a clear renewals strategy for individual purchasers of Screencastify tools and lead proactive discussions around acquisitions, partnerships, and features that could impact our customer relationships.
- Have 5+ years of experience leading a Customer Support / Customer Experience function within a SaaS company. Edtech or education experience is a huge plus.
- Possess strong emotional intelligence for customers and a passion for driving revenue and growth.
- Use data as your North Star. In your world, data informs all strategies for customer experience, growth, and success.
- Are a strategic thinker. You can understand a complex business and develop a customer support strategy that addresses these nuances.
- Love mentoring and coaching employees to help them grow in their roles and improve performance.
- Have tons of experience collaborating with senior leaders in a company to achieve cross-functional success. You know the best solutions are built with others, not in competition.
- Are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.