Director of Customer Support
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Director of Customer Support to join us on our mission of helping growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers.
The Director of Customer Support leads a global team of Product Support Specialists and Product Solutions Specialists with an emphasis on mentoring and growing talent as the business continues to grow and rapidly scale. We are looking for an excellent people leader who can also provide a strategic vision for the Support organization and ensure the customer experience is optimized.
Joining ActiveCampaign at this time provides the opportunity to leave a large footprint on the success and growth of the business.
What your day could consist of:
- Guide the Product Support Leads to oversee all aspects of the organization’s support objectives along with meeting team and company goals;
- Develop capacity and workforce planning to ensure the optimal resource plans and forecasting are in place and on pace with business and customer growth;
- Hire effectively, through a partnership with the Talent Acquisition team to identify, pipeline and recruit top talent;Provide and enable a strong career development and career pathing environment for the team;
- Ensure strong communication and operational efficiencies among the global Support teams and offices while instilling a customer-first mindset;
- Develop the right metrics to calibrate success on the Support team;
- Implement strong and effective training and onboarding programs, to include all forms of customer communication and contact;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and developments, ensure such knowledge and learning is available to the team and more broadly across the organization;
- Interact effectively with other company leaders and teams to collectively meet business goals and growth objectives;
- Recommend process improvements or changes, as appropriate to optimize efficiency and the customer experience.
What Is Needed:
- 5+ years in leading and managing a support organization at a SaaS or tech company;
- Experience leading a scaling, efficient support team and working in high-growth, performance-focused environments;
- Proven success building out processes and capacity for a fast-scaling organization that is fast moving and ever changing;
- A strong proven track record of people management (leaders and individual contributors), mentorship and career planning;
- Excellent technical aptitude and abilities with operational excellence. Willingness to problem solve with team members;
- Strong belief in customer-first mindset;
- Strong desire to become a subject matter expert in the ActiveCampaign platform;
- Experience managing a globally dispersed workforce is preferred.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description