Director of Customer Support
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics. We are scaling quickly in terms of product, customer, employee and geography.
We are looking for an experienced and highly-motivated Director of Customer Support to join us on our mission of helping growing businesses meaningfully connect and engage with their customers.
The Director of Customer Support leads a global team of Product Support Specialists and Product Solutions Specialists with an emphasis on mentoring and growing talent as the business continues to grow and rapidly scale. We are looking for an excellent people leader who can also provide a strategic vision for the Support organization and ensure the customer experience is optimized.
Joining ActiveCampaign at this time provides the opportunity to leave a large footprint on the success and growth of the business.
What your day could consist of:
- Guide the Product Support Leads to oversee all aspects of the organization’s support objectives along with meeting team and company goals;
- Develop capacity and workforce planning to ensure the optimal resource plans and forecasting are in place and on pace with business and customer growth;
- Hire effectively, through a partnership with the Talent Acquisition team to identify, pipeline and recruit top talent;Provide and enable a strong career development and career pathing environment for the team;
- Ensure strong communication and operational efficiencies among the global Support teams and offices while instilling a customer-first mindset;
- Develop the right metrics to calibrate success on the Support team;
- Implement strong and effective training and onboarding programs, to include all forms of customer communication and contact;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and developments, ensure such knowledge and learning is available to the team and more broadly across the organization;
- Interact effectively with other company leaders and teams to collectively meet business goals and growth objectives;
- Recommend process improvements or changes, as appropriate to optimize efficiency and the customer experience.
What Is Needed:
- 5+ years in leading and managing a support organization at a SaaS or tech company;
- Experience leading a scaling, efficient support team and working in high-growth, performance-focused environments;
- Proven success building out processes and capacity for a fast-scaling organization that is fast moving and ever changing;
- A strong proven track record of people management (leaders and individual contributors), mentorship and career planning;
- Excellent technical aptitude and abilities with operational excellence. Willingness to problem solve with team members;
- Strong belief in customer-first mindset;
- Strong desire to become a subject matter expert in the ActiveCampaign platform;
- Experience managing a globally dispersed workforce is preferred.
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description