Director, Customer Support
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping Enterprises to reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks.
The Director of Customer Support will be responsible for leading and scaling out an enterprise-class Customer Support team. We are looking for an excellent people leader who can also provide a strategic vision for the Support organization and ensure the customer experience is optimized. You will be responsible for the day to day performance and personnel management of our Customer Support and Support Engineering teams. You will also work with our Customer Success team to help manage retention and growth on existing accounts, and our Sales team to remove any technical support friction in the sales process. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure communication of defects and requested functionality from customers. You will lead efforts to define the team's process, and expand the team's capacity, coverage hours, and responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage customer support and support engineering teams
- Define team structure and separate roles
- Ensure efficient communication and visibility of issues within team and to Customer Success and Sales teams
- Develop capacity and workforce forecasting planning to keep pace with business and customer growth
- Building internal and external technical documentation repositories
- Building out a customer-facing support portal and integrating with existing internal tools.
- Provide department performance metrics reports to Executive Leadership team
- Expand coverage hours to meet needs of global customers
- Works closely with company leaders to meet business goals and contribute to company growth
- Continuously improve customer support process to optimize efficiency and the customer experience
- Participate in customer meetings to strengthen relationships, resolve escalations and address the root cause of issues
- Work closely with Product Management to guide platform improvements and define levels of support and pricing for customers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of proven success in leading, scaling and managing highly effective technical customer support teams
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Comfortable with the fast-paced and unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Experience managing a globally dispersed workforce
- Experience leading cross-functional customer support initiatives
- Experience leading support teams on enterprise-scale SaaS applications.
- Strong belief in customer-first mindset
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description