Director Decision Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Decision Management is responsible for the end-to-end management and architecture of analytic decisioning processes to support the enterprise. Depending on specific role these processes could include marketing, credit, fraud, authorization, authentication and/or their underlying data processes.
- End-to-end business owner of analytic decisioning processes, including supporting data and/or infrastructure, including design, development, day-to-day management, upkeep and reporting.
- Develop and deliver, through agile partnership with Business Technology, vendors and other business units, these processes.
- Partner with leadership across the enterprise to understand and manage data, model and strategy needs and develop the vision and roadmap to provide innovative solutions
- Create and deliver next generation capabilities around decisioning, and strategy deployment
- Build a modern product environment focused on delivering decisioning technology to the business and leveraging sound governance, tools, and technology
- Partner with business stakeholders and IT while serving as a trusted advisor on new trends and best practices for decision management
- Partner with business to efficiently incorporate strategy changes into these processes ensuring flawless execution through rigorous testing and performance monitoring.
- Coordinate effectiveness and efficiency improvement cycles.
- Assess new Data, Tools, Technology and Solutions for the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, statistics, information technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of hands on programmer
- 10+ years of experience as a technologist, ideally with specialization in data engineering, platform engineering, solution architecture and decision management
- Experience in micro services and real time architecture
- 4+ years of people management experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.