DIRECTOR, DECISION SCIENCES
Your role will be to build and lead a data science and machine learning team to create and enhance new technologies and products for Conversant’s digital marketing business. This role reports to a Vice President of Decision Sciences.
Conversant analyzes anonymized, privacy-safe data at internet scale: we handle 200B+ of online interactions a day and have $3.8 trillion in multichannel purchases in our database. The Decision Sciences group is a collaborative R&D team that continually enhances Conversant’s award-winning personalization platform through a combination of data science, machine learning, AI, computer science, and more.
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders to develop an R&D roadmap.
- Hire data scientists and other talent to build a highly productive team.
- Manage projects end-to-end from early stage research through development.
- Use your expertise in data science and/or computer science to research and recommend solutions to our technology and business problems.
- Provide technology leadership to yield innovative differentiating solutions.
- Develop an understanding of Conversant’s personalization platform and proprietary datasets.
- Implement and optimize state of the art algorithms in distributed environments.
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into Conversant’s platform.
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects.
- Graduate degree, Ph.D. preferred, in a computational, mathematical, engineering, or scientific field.
- Research experience in a computational area such as data science, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms.
- 2+ years leading technical projects.
- 3+ years programming experience in an industry environment.
- Analytic and modeling skills.
- Proficiency in conceptualizing, implementing, and evaluating highly accurate and scalable solutions to business problems.
- Organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead R&D projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with business and technical teams to integrate algorithms into product platforms on large data sets, at scale.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience.
- 'Can do' attitude; ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment with many simultaneous projects.