Director of Deployment Strategy
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Director of Deployment Strategy (or Solution Architecture here at Civis) who will set the vision for the team, directly supervise our Solution Architect team’s work and mentor them for career growth.
The Solution Architecture team implements, configures and manages the delivery of Civis Analytics’ data science software to ensure successful user adoption and high organizational impact. They also support software sales, leading demos, POCs, and scoping complex software deliveries as a part of ‘team sport’ sales business development efforts.
The Director of Solution Architecture works closely with cross-functional teams across the company - including Applied Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Sales - to optimize client outcomes from software delivery. The Solutions Architecture Director reports to the Vice President of Applied Data Science.
- Setting the vision for how Solution Architects can best support Civis engagements and software solutions, and how to best partner with Civis’ Applied Data Science, Engineering, and Product teams on engagements.
- Team management, structure and staffing:
- Providing coaching, guidance to position the team for success and career growth.
- Refining operational metrics for team and Customer Health.
- Hiring and onboarding the best.
- Managing and coaching to ensure delivery of high-quality work and effective sales support, including:
- Ensuring successful delivery and onboarding of users onto Civis software to help achieve our clients’ business goals through the usage of Civis technology.
- Increasing renewal rates and reduce churn through effective customer management.
- Optimizing delivery processes for the Solutions Architecture team, including customer on-boarding, training, and user adoption.
- Joining high-profile client engagements and sales opportunities as a trusted and credible technical expert.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7-10 years experience in a software implementation, including software implementations at enterprise-scale organizations.
- 7-10 years of client management experience.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Provide oversight and direction to your team in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Experience managing client-facing software implementation teams to successful client outcomes.
- Experience with SQL, ETL workflows, and data solutions.
- Proven track record of driving projects to successful completion, on time and on budget.
- US work authorization required.
- Experience programming in Python or R.
- Knowledge of data science concepts.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW