Director, eCommerce at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:01 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 15, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Director of Ecommerce is a high-impact leader responsible for the vision and strategy for Green Thumb’s digital presence. This individual will work cross-functionally to build greenfield platforms across ecommerce, customer relationship management, mobile, CRM and retail, developing a cohesive, world-class digital experience for Green Thumb’s customers across all brands. The Director of Ecommerce reports directly to the Chief Information Officer, with high visibility to the rest of the Executive Leadership Team. This position requires an outside the box strategic leader with the flexibility to manage the fast pace and unique challenges of the cannabis industry.
- Lead a cohesive strategy for Green Thumb’s digital strategy across retail, wholesale, ecommerce, social, CRM and mobile
- Define the function’s organizational structure, and recruit and develop a high-performance team
- Manage the departmental budget
- Helps to define the Digital Marketing, CRM and social strategy
- Elevate the understanding of ecommerce across the Green Thumb organization and different brands
- Develop a state-of-the-art website for Green Thumb brands to compete and provide omni-channel experience to customers
- Create strong integration between Green Thumb’s respective brand sites and builds a Order management system to integrate with
- Optimize integration between new and existing retail applications
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Analytics stakeholders to optimize customer analytics
- Drive Green Thumb’s mobile platform and strategy
- Continuously evolve all aspects of ecommerce vision and strategy as cannabis laws and regulations continue to progress
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science is required
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with eCom platforms like Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce and Salesforce Commerce Cloud /Demandware
- 5+ yrs of experience with ecommerce/Web Full stack development experience (ideally with SFCC / Demandware, Magento, or other similar platform)
- 2+ years of team management across digital marketing, creative and customer service teams.
- 10+ years ecommerce experience, preferably in the retail or CPG space
- Develop and implement media strategy working with media agencies to drive consumer awareness and engagement (Digital Media, SEO, SEM, Social, Affiliate.)
- Oversee e-Mail strategy, Optimize CRM utilization and email marketing performance
- Prior experience developing and leading teams
- Highly technical, with a demonstrated ability to create digital roadmaps and work cross-functionally with data, Social, analytics, engineering, security, and operations teams
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description