Director, Enterprise Platform Strategy
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Enterprise Platform Strategy serves as a platform and capabilities expert within the Enterprise Technology organization. This is a strategic role which works in conjunction with the rest the Enterprise Technology organization and Enterprise Architecture to deliver actionable platform and capabilities strategies to drive business value.
- Defines a prescriptive platform and capabilities strategy that is in alignment with the overall technology strategy for Discover
- Engages with senior leadership across Discover, both within technology and business to understand their platform and capabilities needs and help them understand the role of metadata and data quality as a part of our overall strategy
- Creates a roadmap to implement and manage an enterprise-class platform and capabilities focused on automation and resiliency
- Champions and influences new platform and capabilities adoption across lines of businesses
- Leads communication across various lines of businesses and technology partners to constantly monitor, collect, review, and roadmap business data requirements, and related technology solutions.
- Partners across organizations within business, risk, finance, architecture, and operations in developing robust end to end solutions
- In partnership with application and architecture teams, evaluations and selects tools and vendors that complement platform strategy
- 8+ years of experience working application, infrastructure, and data platforms
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Strong communication skills to lead interactions with business and technology leaders across the lines of businesses
- Experience working with various vendors, building partnerships, establishing communication plans, user forums, trainings, and roadmap sessions
- Strong knowledge of application development, infrastructure, and data lifecycles and platforms
- Experience with dealing with newer/ less matured technologies, proof-of-concepts, driving pilots, and product evaluations
- Master’s degree in Information Systems Management or related field
- Knowledge of modern technology products and components for Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similar)
- Experience supporting integrated system designs with both batch and real time data processing
- Experience working in Financial Services Industry
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!