Director, Expert Services at ServiceNow
ServiceNow believes in the power of technology to reduce the complexity in our jobs. At ServiceNow, we make work, work better for people with modern digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity.
Built on the Now Platform, our product portfolio delivers the IT, employee, and customer workflows that matter—with enterprise solutions to help drive every part of a company’s digital transformation. Companies can simplify how work gets done, deliver intuitive experiences, and build digital workflow apps with a single cloud platform.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers realize maximum business value from their investment in the ServiceNow platform, specifically the Customer Workflow portfolio of solutions.
The role of the Director of Expert Services for Customer Workflow is to oversee America’s based expert resources who are responsible for consulting work related to the expansive Customer Workflow portfolio. This portfolio includes our Customer Service Management solution along with other high growth portfolios including Field Service Management, Financial Services Operations, Telecommunications Service Management, Connected Operations and other Customer focused solutions. The Expert Services team has direct roles into our customers, as well as, advisory or leadership roles in a co-delivery model with partners across the ServiceNow ecosystem. Regardless, the objective of the team is to drive best practice and solution operating efficiency into our customers’ environments to ensure their ease of growth and maintainability.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop and execute against the Americas Customer Workflow business plan, including strategy for growth and market penetration, competitiveness and differentiation.
- Cultivate practice resources and business processes across all areas of specialization, incubation and investment.
- Establish and invest in high performing teams and responsible to develop and provide deep subject matter expertise offering business process and technical leadership and proficiency.
- Build and nurture the Business Unit (BU) relationship through partnership for joint goals.
- Meet with Customer Leadership to position the use of expert resources as part of several different models including co-delivery with partners, advisory expertise, and independent implementation work.
- Collaborate with the innovation owner in Customer Outcomes Excellence in the design and build of the portfolio for Practice Products and capabilities with BU’s, Solution Consulting, Marketing and Innovation organizations.
- Deploy and run the portfolio through best practice development and execution.
- Collaborate to identify, develop and maintain retained partners for Customer Workflow products with the Service Partner Program.
- Define and manage metrics and KPIs for practice team members.
- Decisions/Actions that embody and employ: Proactive Thinking, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Escalation Remedies, and Conflict Resolution.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a professional services organization with prior background in one (or more) of the following roles (required):
- PMO Leader, Program/Project Management
- Product Management
- Services or Solution Sales
- Process Engineering
- 10+ years of consulting experience for complex, global organizations.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of twenty or more employees.
- Experience designing and developing service capabilities and developing and running service portfolios.
- Proven ability to influence and consult successfully on the subject of solutions for Customer Management, and/or Digital Transformations.
- Experience working with service channel organizations and their partners.
- Strong experience and capability to speak to customer leaders (including CXO roles) to extract outcome expectations, and to influence their thinking and directions.
- Highly motivated, driven and passionate about the intersection of technology and business challenges.
- Dedication and commitment to customer success.
- A determination to make things better each day.
- Strong people development, including coaching and mentoring for management, business and technical roles.
- Ability to learn, understand and maintain knowledge of complex technical solutions and ability to present these concepts in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- Ability to interface and develop relationships with other ServiceNow departments, in particular Product Management, Product Development, Product Marketing, Training, Sales, Presales and Enablement teams.
- Excellent oral, listening and written communication skills, including presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management, and entry-level personnel across a wide number of ServiceNow departments.
- Initiative - Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Ability to drive deliverables and results, which involve people who do not directly report to you.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding and prior use of business tools and/or software, such as:
- ServiceNow Platform, or similar platform-based solution
- MS Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Professional Services Automation tools, such as NetSuite OpenAir
- Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau
- Workforce management tools, such as WorkDay
- Travel required up to 50%.
- Business Opportunity Identification, Analysis and Development
- Consultative Perspective
- Directs Work
- Ensures Accountability
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Change
- Manages Complexity
- Manages Conflict
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Plans and Aligns
- Project Management / Leadership
- Staffing, Capacity Planning, Market Support and Operations
- Strategic Mindset
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Synthesizing and Simplifying
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.