Director, Fraud Servicing and Recovery Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Discover has grown to become one of the top five direct banks in the United States since its founding in 1986, and today is well positioned to pursue its vision to be the leading direct bank and payments partner. The company issues the Discover card and is a leader in other banking products that include private student loans, personal and home equity loans, checking and savings accounts, as well as certificates of deposit. It also operates the Discover Global Network, which is comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world.
Discover has established a strong track record of performance since becoming an independent, publicly traded company in 2007. For 10 years, it was the top-performing stock in the S&P 500 Financials Index and the company has grown total loans from $48 billion in 2007 to $96 billion in 2019, deposits from $25 billion to $73 billion, network volume from $186 billion to $403 billion, and net income from $0.6 billion to $2.9 billion.
Discover’s performance is driven by 18,000+ employees who are united by shared values and who are committed to making a difference every day for our customers, owners, communities and one another. Thanks to these employees, Discover receives awards and recognition year-in and year-out for innovative products and features, workplace quality, corporate citizenship, and for providing an industry leading customer experience based on 100% U.S.-based customer service.
This exciting senior role is responsible for leadership of a team focused on providing a premier servicing experience across a range of fraud concerns spanning card and bank products. The successful incumbent will define and drive implementation of an effective and efficient suite of automated, customer-facing, and agent-facing fraud servicing capabilities and experiences, and is responsible for leveraging innovative solutions to protect the Company from unnecessary risks while providing customers with a positive experience. This role also assesses enterprise-wide fraud initiatives, strives to achieve an appropriate balance between risk and return, and partners with other areas within DFS to define the road-map, enhance existing programs, and drive to best in class tools and practices.
- Designs new and enhanced strategies and refine existing strategies with the aim of minimizing fraud losses while delivering a seamless customer experience. Develops appropriate scorecard and early warning triggers to monitor effectiveness of strategies
- Identifies and leverages new and existing data sources and builds new capabilities and features that enable implementation of enhanced strategies
- Partners with the value streams and lines of business on delivering new products and plans with appropriate risk controls and customer experience. Partners with Fraud Detection Strategy teams to assess emerging threats and define effective servicing solutions with Operations team to develop and execute on appropriate policies and procedures to service our customers
- Communicates performance, exposures, threat initiatives and customer experience appropriate to level
- Coach and develop a team of high performing talent to succeed in their current roles and their careers at Discover
- Master’s degree in Business or related required
- In lieu of education experience, 4+ years of fraud analytics and strategy or related experience required
- 8+ years’ experience in consumer banking, consumer lending, financial services, risk management or related
- 5+ years’ experience in defining complex capability needs
- 5+ years’ experience in leading team of risk professionals
- Track record as a trusted advisor and business partner - driving business insights, actions, and accountability, with a customer service-oriented attitude
- Highly adaptable to changing needs while maintaining continuity toward long-term
- Experienced and effective in collaboratively synthesizing views and negotiating priorities across range of diverse skill sets and perspectives
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.