Director, Information Security Operations at OppFi (Chicago, IL or Remote)
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
As Director of Information Security Operations, you are responsible for the day-to-day operations in protecting OppFi’s information resources against security threats. Reporting to the CISO, you will evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems, and identify opportunities for improvements, while maintaining standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure Security Operations continues to meet operational requirements. You will also develop and execute strategies to improve the company's security posture.
- Develop holistic solutions that protect enterprise applications and data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or change
- Develop strategy and roadmap for security infrastructure components, including intrusion prevention/detection, data security, identity and access management, network security, security event management
- Be the focal point for security incident response planning, execution, and awareness. Respond to and troubleshoot security incidents, and provide on-call support
- Identify and evaluate security gaps, and translate them into functional specifications
- Work with Technology leadership, Product, and other partners to resource projects and manage the communication across all teams involved
- Partner with Development, DevOps, and IT Operations teams on vulnerability assessments, analyzing vulnerabilities, determining severity, recommending remediation paths, eliminating or mitigating security gaps
- Work with Technology teams to ensure security controls are integrated in the environment and risks are reduced to the acceptable level
- Maintain a current understanding of the security threat landscape. Research and review latest technologies and trends
- Manage daily security operations team activities; Coach Security Engineers
- Perform other functions as assigned by the CISO
What you bring to the team:
- 12+ years of experience in a security operation center environment, at least 4 year experience in managing Security Operations team
- 7+ years of management experience
- A history of working within a regulated environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Experience in, and knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including firewalls, DMZs, intrusion detection / prevention systems, network security, DLP, MFA, application security concepts, password management, RBAC, and access provisioning
- Knowledge of security concepts across a broad IT landscape, involving on-premise, cloud, and SaaS solutions
- Experience with security and control frameworks (FFIEC, NIST, COBIT, ISO) and experience mapping control frameworks to security practices
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, and in making prudent technical risk decisions
- Familiar with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including; Sarbanes-Oxley Act, 23 NYCRR500, CCPA, HIPAA, and Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- A passion for information security and technology
Reports to: Chief Information Security Officer
Job Level: Director
The minimum salary based on qualifications and experience is $167,000. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].