Director, Infrastructure - North America at Morningstar
The Director of Infrastructure engineering will be accountable for the transformation and management of Morningstar’s Infrastructure throughout North America. The position reports to the Director, Global IT Infrastructure.
The Director of infrastructure Engineering will be responsible for sponsoring, driving and delivering Infrastructure transformation programs. The successful candidate will lead a team of IT infrastructure Product Managers, Architects and Engineers and will collaborate with the IT project management, Product, Security, IT Operations and regional infrastructure engineering and support teams to deliver projects as part of the technology organization’s objectives of sustainable cost efficiency, improvement, and optimization of the IT portfolio as part of the company’s overall technology strategy.
- Accountable for the ongoing management, reliability and performance of Morningstar’s IT infrastructure in North America.
- Ensure that portfolio of programs and projects are prioritized, are aligned to and deliver against IT risk, Service and Transformation objectives.
- Oversee the IT Infrastructure Engineering function, responsible for people management and driving a positive team culture that continually encourages ownership and accountability.
- Mentor, find and retain a best in class team to enhance our capabilities and deliver our solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that service levels are met.
- Vendor selection and management
- Development of service business cases including financial modelling and planning
- Definition of high quality and sustainable Infrastructure technical architecture.
- Service technical oversight and governance
- Establish business relationships with a variety of teams across the organization including Development, QA, Operations, and Product to ensure that IT infrastructure requirements are delivered as part of the product development lifecycle.
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience in managing technology teams involved in complex infrastructure
- 5 + years’ experience of management of large enterprise scale infrastructures across Compute, Storage and Networking verticals
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs
- Successful and demonstrable track record of large infrastructure datacenter build-out, co-location, cloud, compute, storage, network and telecommunications projects
- Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills with a results-oriented mindset
- People leadership skills, experienced in building a productive environment enabling career growth, development, hiring and retention of a talented engineering team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence, needs to demonstrate the ability to build consensus and support for proposals
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- This role will be a key part of the internal customer face of Morningstar’s IT infrastructure teams, a customer-service focus orientated mindset is essential.
- Knowledge of ITIL foundations and concepts would be advantageous.
- Interest in the investment industry and strong knowledge of technology developments and trends is an advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.