Director, Internal Communications
The Director, Internal Communications reports to the Global Head of Corporate Communications and is responsible for advising and collaborating on the development of communications strategy, producing work product, aligning with our employee-facing organizations and developing and implementing employee communications programs across the globe. This person should have the ability to translate our strategy and create line of sight to our strong, embedded mission and vision while having a deep appreciation and understanding of storytelling to help capture the hearts and minds of our diverse workforce worldwide.
It’s incredibly important that this leader has a pulse on the financial services industry and can help explain many of the decisions made at the executive level to our employees to help create advance our transformation culture and belief in the direction of our company. This includes providing guidance and support for our CEO and senior executives, business unit leadership, and other leaders in the following topics:
- Internal communications in collaboration with HR, and functional leaders
- Benefits and compensation communications
- Employee engagement, change management, and employer branding
- Media relations
- Social responsibility and community relations
- Support for investor relations
- Business Continuity, including emergencies and risk management
- Advocacy and issues management
- Customer-facing communications via client services and the sales organization
The core competency for this role is to have a deep understanding and experience in the strategic management of sensitive, high-stakes, reputation management-related communication with a background in the financial services industry. The role requires the ability to work under pressure; , build additional governance, produce and direct the production of a wide variety of world-class global work product and programs, utilize technologies to engage our workforce; exhibit sound judgment and sensitivity to organizational dynamics; provide confident, proactive counsel to senior leaders; and to be available as needs arise.