Director, IT Audit at OppFi (Chicago, IL)
Helping the Everyday Consumer Build Financial Health
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to offer accessible products and a top-rated experience to everyday consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
OppFi is a team of caring and innovative individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work everyday and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
Reporting directly to our audit director, you'll be a point person for all-things IT audit. You will:
- Manage and perform Sarbanes Oxley Information Technology General Control (ITGC) walk throughs, reviews and internal audits of the systems, processes, applications, and technologies in the Information Technology area.
- Review/ prepare the ITGC deficiencies list and/ or audit issues listing. Prepare reports that identify areas that need corrective action and recommend practical and workable remediation solutions.
- Help prepare summaries/ recaps of IT audit activities for periodic reporting and presentations to the Company's Audit Committee.
- Establish and manage relationships with the management of Information Technology business units and with providers of any co-sourced internal audit work, such as Network Penetration testing or Vulnerability assessments.
- Problem solving, strategic thinking, analytical, organizational, time management, and project management skills during the performance of audit work.
- Assist external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Work on special projects and internal consulting engagements
- Stay up to date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business. Gain an understanding of new and existing technologies through training and independent research
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field with 10 or more years of experience performing IT audit and/ or SOX testing work.
- CISA designation preferred.
- Master’s degree, a plus.
- Understanding of financial services businesses, a plus.
- Experience writing audit reports/ control deficiencies’ reports and meeting with senior level stakeholder(s) to discuss audit findings and potential recommendations for improvement.
- Strong knowledge of COSO, FFIEC, and COBIT frameworks, and PCI standards
- Ability to analyze and interpret diverse and complex information, and make sound, practical improvement recommendations based upon that information.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in the industry and the Company.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFI will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]