Director of IT
As the Director of IT you will be responsible for setting and overseeing the execution of Vivid Seats' IT strategy and day to day IT operations.You will provide leadership to individuals involved in the development, design, and optimization of system functions supporting business processes and technical information systems platforms. You will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related projects for our three offices and work closely with decision makers across the company to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. You will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices, all while keeping business needs at the forefront of these decisions.
You will enhance our technology to increase business efficiency while strengthening infrastructure reliability, and lead our service desk to provide first-class support to our business units. You will work with the Systems team to collect monitoring metrics and create KPI's to improve our productivity. We need a leader who can take the initiative and isn't afraid to take the path less traveled to achieve the best long-term result.
To be successful, you'll need
- A proven career overseeing enterprise-class infrastructure, technologies and applications
- Experience leading Systems and Service Desk teams to closely align IT strategy with the business objectives of the organization
- Understanding of the fundamentals of core IT services, both on premise and in the cloud. These would include Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Office 365, Azure AD, AWS, Virtualization, Networking, and IP Telephony
- A strong understanding of baselines for deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including network, servers (Windows/Linux), PCs (Windows/Mac), operating systems, hardware, and software
- Understanding of the fundamentals of information security; notably IAM, RBAC, NAC, VLAN/ACL, VPCs, MFA, and other access control measures
- A keen attention to detail, particularly around change management, patch management, inventory management, and the procurement of hardware, software, and other IT supplies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical team members, especially when it comes to defining business and system requirements for new technology implementations
- Knowledge of how to coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure IT service is uninterrupted
What We Offer
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with flexibility and the speed of a startup while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, giving every single employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to the site and mobile app daily. Your ideas are heard and implemented, your hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means that you will have the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that allows us to connect our tens and millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.