Director, Logistics Strategy and Operations - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
Leads the strategy and execution of Zoro's Order fulfillment and Returns Logistics.
- Strong foundation in managing supply chains through the use of analytical methods and mathematical models to understand, predict and improve logistics operations, architecture, flows and processes.
- Lead the development and operation of Zoro's Order-to-Cash processes.
- Drive the development and on-going optimization of Zoro's order routing logic, including business ownership of a contracted Distributed Order Management system/tool.
- Collaborate closely with Distributor Partners, including Grainger, to ensure stocking positions are taken on SKUs with high sales volumes.
- Lead the collaboration with Grainger's DC Operations to manage order volume spikes and occasional operational outages at Grainger DCs.
- Identify and trouble-shoot products, product categories and suppliers that are underperforming customer delivery expectations and develop appropriate response plans.
- Oversee the development of reverse logistics policies and processes. Collaborate closely with all stakeholders, including suppliers, Customer Service and Finance.
- Management of the Zoro drop ship cross-docks. This includes management of third party logistics providers.
Lead a team of Program Managers and Analysts
- Director will lead the activities of three or more Program Managers. The Program Managers will have daily responsibility for the operations and on-going improvement of Zoro's various order fulfillment channels or reverse logistics program.
- Lead the activities of analyst(s) who measure supply chain effectiveness and design order routing logic.
- Takes personal accountability for the team's goals while also leading Team Members who are driven to constantly improve the Zoro customer experience through improved Supply Chain capabilities and processes.
- Establish appropriate goals and metrics designed to improve the overall Team performance and take appropriate action when necessary.
- 7-10 years' of experience in related field preferred.
- BA/BS required; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain and reverse logistics strategies/processes; especially best practices for e-commerce businesses.
- Must have an understanding of e-commerce generally and specifically strategies for order fulfillment.
- Proven ability to lead successful teams by driving large volumes of high quality work.
- Coaching team members for maximum professional growth and inspiring maximum team member engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in driving results through a diverse set of business processes and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change and persuade/lead others through the change to minimize team disruption.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.