Director, M&A at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Director with business consulting and M&A experience to join our rapidly growing Mergers & Acquisition practice. As a Director, you will serve clients in a variety of capacities, with a specific focus on selling and delivering value through transaction due diligence, integration strategy and planning, and post-close integration management. In addition to selling and client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our office culture and participates significantly in the entrepreneurial process of growing an office with strong double digit growth (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
What will you be doing?
Directors at West Monroe have three primary responsibilities:
- Foster and expand relationships with Private Equity clients and their portfolio companies
- Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective client
- Understand client needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals that highlight value quantifiable value creation
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define the office culture, strategic direction, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities in an office environment
- Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and lead other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Assist in developing M&A tools and processes
- Lead teams serving clients across industries
- Partner with client management teams on developing their integration
- Lead M&A transactions at any point in the M&A deal lifecycle
- Provide overall integration leadership to clients; including leading the IMO setup and management, leading various functional work streams, provide M&A mentoring to clients and internal resources tools
- Collaborate with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Work with engagement leadership to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Work closely with the line of business owners to create new business processes
- Facilitate client workshops focused on driving deal value
- Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- Assess operational, IT, Finance and Human Resources investment strategies and compare respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Minimum of 15 years participating in team-based, industry or consulting experience
- Minimum of 7 years of running complex merger integration, operational and/or IT projects / people
- Functional expertise in finance, human resources, and IT preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge and experience with private equity buyouts and/or strategic mergers and acquisitions a plus
- Related industry experience (e.g., Health care, manufacturing & distribution, software, corporate development.)
- Proven business developer with extensive track record of prospecting new clients and maintaining existing clients
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, planning and analysis
- Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to hand multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- You are authorized to work in the United States
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.