Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
The Director, Major Accounts will have in depth knowledge of all aspects of Echo's Client Sales business and leads the company's efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large, complex, multi-location customers The Director, Major Accounts will leverage their experience to lead the teams to continue to identify growth opportunities in achieving sales quota and account objectives.
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key internal sales teams for assigned customer accounts.
- Proactively leads the strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, critical milestones, and develops relationships with Fortune 500 shippers through the offering of Echo services
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer supply chain needs on an ongoing basis.
- Works to understand large account supply chain needs and educates internal business units on those unique needs to drive internal continuous improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with internal teams and BD managers on major account opportunities to grow Echo market share with large complex shippers. Assist the Sales department with large client presentations and site visits.
- Identify and create initiatives to help clients improve their business processes and remove roadblocks within both Sales and Operations.
- Partners with Marketing to create sales and marketing strategies to include materials, communications, and demonstrations. Development of new sales content focused on articulating Echo value delivery to large shippers.
- Provide reporting updates to internal teams and management.
- Contribute to and maintain Standard Operating Process Documents (SOPS) and other processes performed.
- Track opportunities - ensure that all potential customers and other opportunities are tracked in Salesforce and each interaction is logged. Provide reporting updates to internal teams and management
- Determine client priorities across Major Accounts Channel.
- Visit Major Accounts on a quarterly basis to perform Stewardship/Quarterly Business Review (QBR) meetings.
- Bring subject matter experts from the organization into client relationship as needed to address specific issues and projects.
- Communicate, negotiate, and manage contractual changes with clients.
- Development of targeted Sales material for position Echo with Fortune 500 shippers
- At least 8-10 Years of Supply Chain background, with an emphasis of Operations and Sales leadership
- Experience selling into Fortune 500 companies critical
- Multi-modal transportation knowledge and demonstrated experience of applying knowledge to drive value to clients
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Power-point, Word and Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and solutions with team members and executive level client representatives.
- Strong leader across organizations without direct staff responsibility
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability and critical thinking skills
- Goal oriented and ability to be held accountable
- Sense of urgency, self-confidence, passion, open-mindedness, and commitment to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.