Director of Market Development at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in healthcare, technology, and precision medicine?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are looking for a Director of Market Development
This Director’s primary function will be to direct, manage, and facilitate the Oncology organization's strategic initiatives. This Director will be brought on to develop commercial strategy for provider and research teams, gain executive leadership support, and drive pull through on the various initiatives. This role will serve cross-functionally across the oncology organization and will need to be an adaptable jack-of-all trades as multiple hats will be worn depending on the initiative or project.
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate the planning, coordination, and execution of both long and short term market development
- Go-to-market strategies, commercial direction based on market and competitor developments, sales enablement tools and initiatives, external strategic role
- Design the ancillary services, processes, and refinement of products
- Partner across the organization to cross functionally lead strategic initiatives, solving business challenges and accelerate results delivery.
- Manage these stakeholders ensure accountability for deliverables and target dates. (i.e. Marketing, data, product, CL&D, customer success, R&D, etc.)
- Cascade long range strategy into executable business plans, maintaining visibility to progress against plans, and managing performance for commercial results.
- Work closely with leadership by providing feedback on areas of improvement with proactive solutions to the leadership team which lead to actionable next steps.
Successful Candidates Look Like:
- Independent: You are independent and require minimal support from leadership. You can lead initiatives with limited direction and make confident decision on strategy & next steps.
- Solution-Oriented: You identify problems, not viewing them as a wrong block, but opportunity for improvement. You think creatively to seek solutions for these obstacles.
- Bias for Action: You are a doer. You are a go-getter, taking on multiple tasks, and execute them in a timely fashion.
- Self-Starter: You are comfortable starting projects on your own. You can take an idea out of nothing and create a tangible deliverable.
- Analytical: You have an aptitude for analyzing KPIs and other data to identify business opportunities and opportunities for improvement.
- A Leader: Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life.
- Seeks Knowledge: Always strives to learn more
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues, and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems.
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired.
- 10 years of experience in manager or director position where strategic management of initiatives was part of the role.
- Prior sales experience or other customer facing role would be preferred, but not required.