Director, Market Entry at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As part of achieving this goal, as a Director of Market Entry at our organization you will be accountable for all aspects of market set-up prior to launch of Village Medical clinics.
Integral to our Village Medical team, the Director of Market Entry will handle a wide variety of projects to support and improve the organization’s physical aesthetic. As our organization continues to grow, this role offers the opportunity to explore specialty areas such as vendor relations, real estate, or business development depending on your interests. As a new member of our team, you’ll initially be responsible for optimizing clinic launches across multiple markets.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Director of Market Entry at VillageMD?
- Coordinate with Marketing to develop market-specific plan, including online, digital, media, and patient awareness and outreach
- Oversee all clinic operations set-up activities prior to opening (source custodial vendors, ensure appropriate supply ordering/stocking, coordinate staff uniform ordering)
- Partner with Finance and Legal teams to ensure all market and entity start-up agreements are in place, as well as update any market-specific contracts or agreements
- Partner with Shared Services to ensure appropriate level of coverage and support for new locations, including but not limited to:
- Provider Credentialing
- Revenue Cycle
- Contact Center
- Coordinate with Payer Contracting to ensure payer agreements are active in advance of clinic openings
- Supervise a team of at least 1 manager and 1 analyst to successfully execute activities across two markets simultaneously
What will make you successful here?
- Ability to successfully execute market set-up activities across two markets in order to meet on-time clinic openings with adequate staffing and operations
- Proven ability to leverage direct reports to help achieve successful launches
- Strong ability to collaborate across VMD corporate teams
- Comfort with ambiguity that will come from unique market characteristics
- Proactive desire to create efficiencies and standardization upon each market iteration
What you might do in your first year:
- Coordinate and oversee clinic launch support team for first 5 Village Medical locations within each assigned market
- Lead efforts to execute all market set-up activities across two markets
- Travel within assigned markets to oversee launch process (50-75%)
- Develop a regular cadence for market launch updates
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years of direct experience leading market launch teams (retail, healthcare, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study (business administration, management, etc.)
- 5+ years of hands-on market launch experience (desire for a player/coach type role)