Director of New Business Development
What you'll be doing:
The Director of New Business Development is responsible for commercializing, operationalizing, and scaling our emerging offerings targeted at the life sciences and medical technology industries. This individual will execute on business development and sales efforts to this market segment, design and communicate the appropriate operating model with our analytics team, and be responsible for setting and achieving revenue and profitability targets for business. This role will report to the President & Chief Strategy Officer of Lumere and will regularly engage with cross-functional leaders.
The successful candidate is results-oriented, organized, and self-motivated. They have a proven track record as a business leader managing multiple relationships (both internally and externally) and influencing and coordinating cross-functionally to deliver on key growth metrics. They are thoughtful about business model design and have experience serving in a “general manager” capacity. They possess a strong knowledge of healthcare and are able to form and articulate perspective about where the industry is headed in the future.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Promote our vendor facing solutions to prospective clients and deliver signed contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with key executives at target suppliers
- Draft proposals and statements of work outlining key deliverables, project phases, and goals for engagements with vendors
- Negotiate and complete subscription agreements that make a material impact on our annual recurring revenue
- Coordinate and support marketing activities in collaboration with internal resources
- Work with our team to ensure we have appropriate messaging, collateral, and exposure to this nascent end-market
- Position our organization as a thought leader of supplier / provider partnership and risk sharing
- Find and participate in industry events to further establish our position in this marketplace
- Ensure successful execution of solution deliverables
- Test and determine medium of delivery, and collaborate with product and data visualization teams as necessary to design functionality, aligning investment requirements and business benefits
- Design, communicate, and oversee operating and client support model
- Propose and build necessary operational and client-facing resources to deliver on commercial promises
- Determine and communicate back-end data and resource requirements
- Work with engineering team to design data intake process
- Leveraging an understanding of clinical workflows and information systems, determine data specifications and work with internal data operations team to ensure data model appropriately reflects requirements
- Ensure all HIPAA and security requirements are appropriately followed.
- Measure and report on results, and build business case for long-term investment
- Build pipeline and business reporting tools to measure progress against established targets
- Determine market opportunity and propose investment to capture disproportionate share
- If appropriate, build proposal to expand scope to address adjacent opportunities for this end market.
- 5-10 years experience in a general manager, business development, product management, finance, strategy, or similar roles; proof of entrepreneurial characteristics preferred
- Strong healthcare industry knowledge as it relates to medical technology, hospitals and health systems, value-based care, and cost management
- Clear results orientation and demonstration of grit and perseverance necessary to catalyze successful outcomes
- Ability to seamlessly transition between high-level strategic thinking and organized and effective execution
- Significant experience working cross-functionally within an organization
- Strong communication, project management, and presentation skills across multiple levels of an organization
- Illustrated success leading in a high-growth, institutionally- backed company