We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As the Director of Operational Risk Management you will advance the maturity of the Information Security, Risk & Privacy (ISRP) Program here at Relativity.
While directing and executing strategies within Relativity, you will also represent Relativity’s compliance, privacy, and risk efforts to our customers, ensuring operations are quality focused and efficient. You will implement various compliance standards across many functional departments within the company as well as roadmap out our path to a secure and compliant solution that is market leading.
The ISRP includes governance, standards, risk process and tools through which ISRP directs, assists and works with management to identify and assess risk, mitigate risk in accordance with appetite and analyze and understand the risk environment overall.
You will enable and empower your teams to independently advise and partner with the business as they implement the ISRP within their organization.
- Promote risk management practice and culture to strengthen the operational risk environment of Relativity.
- Review business processes and analyze operational risk data to identify areas of increased operational risk at Relativity.
- Plan and conduct operational risk, deep dive assessments from a second line perspective.
- Advance governance needs related to operational risk and control matters and promote an open environment for collaboration, risk identification and mitigation.
- Participate in working groups to provide risk oversight and guidance as needed during operational process design, remediation programs, etc.
- Manage a team of ISRP analysts responsible for understanding the risk environment.
- Identify opportunities to streamline risk assessment processes to increase operational efficiency and operational risk effectiveness.
- Identify and assess severity and likelihood of issues for potential escalation and communication to the executive team.
- Identify and engage appropriate stakeholders to facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews and any additional directives from senior leadership.
- Manage a team within a wider matrix team where team members are expected to take ownership on assigned topics and drive change.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders in the business to facilitate the acceptance of change throughout Relativity.
- 10+ years of experience related to the role.
- Experience designing and implementing Risk and Compliance programs.
- Real-world experience with implantation of two or more of the following standards or frameworks: ISO 27001, SOX, SOC, COBIT, NIST, FedRAMP, GDPR.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or related industry experience.
- In-depth understanding of operational risk and governance.
- Expertise in one or more key operational risk categories: model, business continuity, vendor, data privacy, technology, cyber, fraud.
- Experienced people leader.
- Experienced in establishing operational and strategic objectives for direct reports as well as matrixed resources.
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.