The Director, Operations provides strategic planning and operational management for large and strategic customers. The role is external facing and is responsible to meet contractual obligations to clients and to drive highest level of client satisfaction. In addition, this position will develop a customer management philosophy that ensures the highest level of customer satisfaction from their staff. They will be responsible for managing and executing on projects that have enterprise wide impact. Building strong partnerships with departments outside of their own will be critical to their success.
- Ensures operational success against pre-established KPIs and SLAs.
- Engages, directs, and develops the Operations team and staff. Activities include: leadership development, managing bench strength, succession planning, and developing critical talent.
- Leads continuous improvement activities in partnership with business groups and other functional areas.
- Leads the development of Operations strategy and roadmaps in alignment with the future vision and delivery standards.
- Participates in strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems, and best practices as related to the needs of the business.
- Develop, implement, and manage reporting of metrics and Service Level Agreements that effectively measure team and vendor performance and are in line with the needs of the business.
- Responsible for optimizing vendor relationships through contract management, financial and quantitative analyses, and relationship management, to effectively create mutually beneficial opportunities for the company.
- Work closely with all teams and business groups to manage customer satisfaction and direct investigation and remediation of service level breakdowns.
Leadership Skills: Job holder must be a credible business partner by peers, clients and the IT leadership team. Must have experience working in a matrix environment, can lead and influence others without direct control. Must be able to collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships to perform effectively.
Management Skills: Job holder must have the ability to manage through their leaders and not around. They will also have the ability to manage up and across the organization as this will be critical to their success.
Project Management Skills: Job holder will be required to manage multiple projects at once with the expectation of being on-time, on-budget, and delivered with a high level of quality.
Communication Skills: Job holder must be able to convey very technical information in a non-technical manner to a wide variety of audiences. An individual with excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability who can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization. The job holder must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have experience presenting to the executive leadership team.
Business Acumen: The job holder should possess strong analytical and process management skills and have a broad understanding of business strategy and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in an Operations Managerial role
- Creates an environment that empowers associates to greater levels of responsibility
- Leverages the strengths of others to meet specific business needs
- Challenges existing paradigms without creating more resistance than support
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to make difficult decisions
- Cultivates a shared vision among all stakeholders
- Constantly evaluates what Ensono does and compares it to the best way and the right way