Director of Operations
Director of Operations, Full-Time, Chicago, IL
The Director of Operations we are actively looking for is the epitome of a versatile person. Big-picture thinker on one-hand, and productive implementer on the other - this person is excellent at both planning things out and getting things done. This person will work independently and will engage in constant problem-solving.
Our ideal candidate naturally breaks down complexity into simpler parts and has a unique gift for designing processes and procedures to make organizations run efficiently. This person communicates these policies and procedures proactively with the wider team, and follows through to make sure they're being adopted.
At PrintWithMe, our technology is used by thousands of end-users and partners each day. We save people from the woes of printer problems, by providing a reliable printing kiosk solution in public and private spaces across the country. Reliability is thekey part of our business plan – it’s why our loyal customers love us – and it’s why we need the right detail-oriented Operations Manager at the helm of the operations team. Your personal M.O. is to deliver projects on time and with perfection.
When prioritizing schedules and planning logistics, you are the most efficient person you know. You have an impeccable eye for detail and planning. You may come off as impatient sometimes, but at least nothing slips through the cracks when you’re in charge. You have the foresight to predict issues before they are on the horizon, and you can effectively plan to avoid them.
You are good at working with people across the company to get things done. You are good at holding people accountable on your own team and on other teams. In this role, you will have a technically-oriented Operations Lead reporting into you, with the potential for more direct reports as the company expands.
If you have gotten this far and you believe this role is a match for your unique skills, we have a team and culture of winning that needs someone exactly like you. We would love to have a confidential conversation with you about our opportunity. Please click the link below to reach out to us.
Everyday responsibilities in this role:
- Design, implement, and improve processes in the operations and customer service areas
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of 4 direct reports, (and growing)
- Work cross-departmentally to understand and meet stakeholder needs
- "Lead from the front" to help execute the operations and customer service work when needed
- Do “whatever it takes” to get urgent projects and tasks done
More about this role...
- You will use metrics and adopt new technology platforms to drive innovative change in areas such as productivity, quality, customer satisfaction scores, and contact rates
- You will guide your direct reports through implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards
- You will work with your team to help them attain their individual goals, creating professional growth tracks for the people that make our brand shine on the front lines
- You will report in to the CEO/Founder of the company, who will help you prioritize areas for improvement in the operations and customer support areas of the company
- 7+ years of operations or related experience, including leading and growing a team
- Operational wiz with a strong understanding of operational processes, especially in-time critical support
- Technology wiz with a sharp mind for tech-related troubleshooting
- Experience vetting, operationalizing and managing operational functions
- Expertise with CRM systems, including the ability to analyze metrics for decision making and operational changes
- Expertise creating efficient spreadsheets and information management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proven leadership and employee development experience
- Experience in measuring and reporting metrics based goals
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base and periodic bonus potential, commensurate with experience
- A meaningful grant of stock options in the company, vesting over 4 years
- Subsidized health and dental plans to choose from
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- Direct involvement helping a venture-backed technology startup scale nationwide
HOW TO APPLY
If, by now, you are at the edge of your seat because our job description matches your personal strengths, we would love to have a conversation with you about this role. Please click the link below to apply.
You will apply through our Candidate Portal at https://www.cindexinc.com/c/DEBB53 . You will complete a 7-minute personality survey to demonstrate your operations mindset and then upload your resume. Thank you for your interest!