Director, Process Improvement
LOCATION FLEXIBLE, CHICAGO HQ OFFICE
50-75% TRAVEL EXPECTED
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping products so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
About the Role:
The Director of Process Improvement will support, develop and implement operational process improvement initiatives within our fulfillment network. This role will work directly with FC leadership, Engineering, and Merchant/Customer teams to streamline operational process paths and systems. Utilizing process improvement and industrial engineering methodologies, the Director of Process Improvement will work collaboratively with leadership and staff across our fulfillment network to achieve outstanding performance in quality and operations.
The Director of Process Improvement will be responsible for applying statistical analysis, quality control, operations research, human factors, lean/six sigma, facility planning, and time/motion studies to assist operational teams and practice leadership in achieving data-driven results.
- Develop continuous improvement projects and execute against them based on the Operations road map across the FC network
- Be the Operations liaison with Engineering teams to develop, innovate, and implement operational system changes throughout the network.
- Work in close partnership with FC leadership teams to identify and improve obstacles in the fulfillment processes that will help FC sites run more efficiently, with improved quality, fill rate, and productivity.
- Create documentation for training materials such as checklists, standard work, and standard operating procedures
- Develop, manage, and report progress on project plans for implementation and improvement initiatives while coordinating dependencies across key company stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally to identify process gaps and opportunities, setting time-sensitive goals.
- Manage reporting to keep all stakeholders on the same page
- Build operational standards for FC employees, including performance expectations and developmental milestones
- Be flexible in approach, and ready to move quickly to accomplish important goals thoughtfully and skillfully
Skills and Qualifications
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor's’ degree. Masters preferred.
- Certification and/or working knowledge of Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in systems and process improvement operations management
- Minimum of 2-4 years in E-commerce fulfillment, distribution, or supply chain field is preferred.
- Project management experience on projects that directly and/or indirectly impact workflows
- Proficient in the use of statistical software packages
- Proven track record of delivering measurable results
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical in nature with a curiosity towards solving complex problems, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent skills using Excel and project management software.
- Professional attitude – comfortable working in a setting populated by diverse types of people and able to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work with multiple cross-organizational teams to drive change and deliver improvements in a fast pace environment.
- Requirements reflect the minimum level necessary to be eligible for this position. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- You are a creative problem solver, who is humble, and driven to the mission of Shipbob!
- You're an energetic, passionate leader who is committed to other’s success.
- Ultimate team player to support a fast paced, changing environment
- You can drive change and make things happen the right way.
- You believe the best communication is over-communication, and ensure that you bring along all internal and external partners on a project
- You are excited to tackle problems head-on and have the self-motivated attitude to accomplish great things as a leader
- You are ready to learn, grow, and encourage those around you to do the same
- You are looking to take on new challenges that will push your skillset to the next level!
- You're thoughtful and dedicated to the “whys” of problem solving, and excited by the prospect of building a strategy for operational excellence based on operational goalposts and KPIs
- You believe the best communicate on is over-communication, and ensure that you bring along all internal and external partners on a project
- About the Position
- This position reports to the SVP of Operations
- Full-time exempt position
- Compensation and stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package
- Up to 50% travel expected
- Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting
- Walking, climbing stairs, and standing are required often
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mice, and screens; regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets are required