The healthcare industry is evolving, and MDLIVE is at the forefront. As pioneers in Telehealth, we’re creating and implementing virtual care solutions that enable patients to see a doctor, 24/7/365, using their phones, smartphones, and PCs. We’re also enabling individuals to have consults with licensed therapists and psychiatrists via secure video, in privacy and comfort. Our commitment to quality care, coupled with our adoption of the latest technologies, has created tremendous opportunities for professionals who possess a wide range of backgrounds and expertise. Explore your future while shaping the future of healthcare.
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, innovative organization where you can make an impact, then MDLIVE may be a great fit for you! We are currently seeking a Director, Provider Network to join our growing team in Chicago, IL! This position reports to the VP, Clinical Operations.
What will you do?
The Director, Provider Network is an integral member of the clinical operations team. This position reports directly to the VP of Clinical Operations. This role is a key contributor to the development of the strategic network direction and is accountable for the management of contracting, network management, and provider relations activities for the national virtual medical provider network across all verticals.
- Manage all provider contracting and negotiations for fee for service, and evolving value-based reimbursements
- Manage strategic positioning for provider contracting, develops networks to satisfy consumer demand and meet market needs
- Proactively build relationships that nurture provider partnerships and seeks business opportunities to support the vertical and product strategies
- Monitor ongoing key metrics [e.g., Utilization, network access] and takes action to ensure network success particularly related to network efficiency, provider coverage of the network and schedule adherence
- Collaborate with Director, Analytics and Data Science to identify metrics that would assist in predicting provider network needs
- Develop and implement provider relations initiatives to keep the providers engaged and informed. Resolve any provider service issues
- Initiate, nurture and maintain effective channels of communication with matrix partners including but not limited to, Clinical, Credentialing, Legal, Sales, Marketing Operations and Product
- Provide leadership, management and mentoring to the ambassador team and the provider recruitment staff
- Responsible for monitoring and meeting unit cost targets, while preserving an adequate network, to achieve and maintain MDLIVE’s competitive position
- Identify and manage initiatives that improve cost and quality across the provider network
- Supervise, direct, monitor, and review all Provider Ambassadors and Recruiters on their work performance.
- Work with VP, Clinical Operations to establish and meet appropriate recruitment goals for providers in all categories (Preferred Provider Network (PPN), PPN+, FTE, Locums, etc.)
- Create and / or oversee the development of provider agreements which meet internal operational standards and external provider expectations
- Ensure the accurate implementation, and administration of provider agreements through matrix partners
- Support sales and client success teams with sales presentations, designated speaking engagements and other venues as assigned
- Create provider network reports, as requested, to senior leadership
Most importantly, you will be part of an entrepreneurial, agile and fast-paced team that also knows how to have fun! And who wouldn’t love getting together for happy hours, meaningful involvement in the community, unlimited PTO, interdepartmental soccer games, free coffee (#nomore3pmslump), incredible growth opportunities and of course great compensation and benefits!
Who are you?
- Bachelor’s degree require with concentration in Finance, Economics, Healthcare or Business related strongly preferred
- MBA or MHA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years contracting and negotiating experience
- Prior experience managing direct reports and leading teams in a non-centralized work environment preferred
- Team player with proven ability to develop strong working relationships within a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Knowledge of reimbursement methodologies, including incentive-based models required
- The ability to influence both sales and provider audiences through strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with formal presentations.
- Customer centric and interpersonal skills are required
- Demonstrates managerial courage and change leadership in a dynamic environment
- Superior problem solving, decision-making, negotiating skills, contract language and financial acumen
- Ability to travel as needed to HQ in Sunrise, FL