Director of Quality & Transformation
The pursuit of quality at Morningstar is deeply ingrained in our culture and a key part of the value we bring our clients. Led by our Chief Quality & Transformation Officer, the independent Quality & Transformation team works with teams across the company to help transform and improve our practices, processes and methods. Members of this team serve to enhance employee and customer experience by using philosophies and tools like Lean, Agile, Design Thinking and latest technologies like Robotics Process Automation. This team stays abreast of emerging technologies, people practices, and other concepts related to the “future of work” and help introduce them in the organization.
Morningstar is seeking an experienced leader with strong transformation and facilitation skills. The Director of Quality & Transformation will be instrumental in understanding the concepts of “future of work” and introducing them in the larger Morningstar organization. This role will focus on providing thought-leadership in the areas of applying new and proven methods to help Morningstar teams drive innovation, enhanced client and business impact. You will be responsible for partnering closely with senior executives at Morningstar, help them determine the business goals for the transformation, craft the vison, and help execute on that vision. You will have to constantly seek best practices within and inside the organization to drive the adoption of these practices in Morningstar. We are looking for someone who is adept at facilitating and driving organizational alignment, organizational change management and business transformation using emerging technologies, amongst other transformational initiatives. The Director of Quality & Transformation will play a leadership role within our Operations Excellence practice.
The ideal candidate will be a serial learner, creative, self-driven & excellent facilitator. We are looking for someone with conviction, who is unafraid to question the status quo, while guiding change with courage, passion and a solutions-oriented mindset. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Help drive transformational initiatives in across or within specific parts of the organization, specifically help shape and implement the three-key transformation initiatives: 1) RPA/Data Automation 2) Data Analytics and 3) enhancing impact of Morningstar Research
• Understand emerging technologies, seek out best practices in applying those technologies, and translate their benefits/ applicability to Morningstar business
• Help enhance Morningstar employee and customer experience with latest and appropriate methods and practices.
• Understand emerging people practices aligned with the concept of “future of work” and help share those in Morningstar.
• Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve growth, enhance customer experience, long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
• Evangelize adopting the latest business, people and technology practices in Morningstar
• Interface with all levels of business and technology teams to help drive change. Be strategic but at the same time be able to zoom in for details as needed.
• Facilitate workshops, meetings and strategic conversations.
• Program manage, guide and shepherd transformation initiatives to successful completion.
• A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA and engineering degree or background is preferred.
• At least ten years of experience managing complex business transformation initiatives
• The ability to define success, communicate that vision, and execute it.
• Expertise in some combination of Lean (Toyota Productions System or its derivatives) and/ or Agile and/ or Design thinking
• Strong communication and influencing skills. Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
• Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
• A quick learner, who networks outside of the organization to learn best practices, and reads extensively to stay current with the latest practices and organizational thinking
• Well versed with the application of emerging technologies is a plus