Director – Quality & Transformation
The pursuit of quality at Morningstar is deeply ingrained in our culture and a key part of the value we bring our clients. Led by our Chief Quality & Transformation Officer, the independent Quality & Transformation team works with teams across the company to help transform and improve our practices, processes and methods. Members of this team serve to enhance employee and customer experience by using philosophies and tools like Lean, Agile, Design Thinking and latest technologies like Robotics Process Automation. This team stays abreast of emerging technologies, people practices, and other concepts related to the “future of work” and help introduce them in the organization.
Morningstar is seeking an experienced leader with strong transformation, LEAN coaching and facilitation skills. The Director of Quality & Transformation will be instrumental in understanding the concepts of “future of work” and introducing them in the larger Morningstar organization. This role will focus on providing thought-leadership in the areas of applying new and proven methods to help Morningstar teams drive innovation, enhanced client and business impact. You will be responsible for partnering closely with senior executives at Morningstar, help them determine the business goals for the transformation, craft the vison, and help execute on that vision using LEAN and other change management approaches. You will have to constantly seek best practices within and inside the organization to drive the adoption of these practices in Morningstar. We are looking for someone who is adept at facilitating and driving organizational alignment, organizational change management and business transformation using emerging technologies, amongst other transformational initiatives. The Director of Quality & Transformation will play a leadership role within our Operations Excellence practice.
The ideal candidate will be a serial learner, creative, self-driven & excellent facilitator. We are looking for someone with conviction, who is unafraid to question the status quo, while guiding change with courage, passion and a solutions-oriented mindset. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead the delivery of enterprise wide, complex transformations — in a line role or advisory capacity.
- Be a counsel to senior leaders and to employees at various levels on topics such as LEAN transformation, organization design, change management, adoption of technologies, continuous improvement.
- Interface with all levels of business and technology teams to help drive change. Be strategic but at the same time be able to zoom in for details as needed.
- Adopt an entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization & drive growth.
- Understand emerging technologies, seek out best practices in applying those technologies, and translate their benefits/ applicability to Morningstar business. Understand emerging people practices aligned with the concept of “future of work” and help share those in Morningstar.
- Evangelize adopting LEAN way of working along with the latest business, people and technology practices in Morningstar
- Be employee & customer focused by helping enhance Morningstar employee and customer experience.
- Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve growth, enhance customer experience, long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes.
- Facilitate workshops, meetings and strategic conversations.
- Program manage, guide and shepherd transformation initiatives to successful completion.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA and engineering degree or background is preferred.
- At least ten years of experience managing complex business transformation initiatives
- The ability to define success, communicate that vision, and execute it.
- Understanding of Lean (Toyota Productions System or its derivatives).
- Expertise in Agile and/ or Design thinking is a plus.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. Able to structure and facilitate strategic conversations with senior leaders.
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach teams & colleagues
- A quick learner, who networks outside of the organization to learn best practices, and reads extensively to stay current with the latest practices and organizational thinking
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations. A creative & relentless problem solver.
- Sophisticated executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Well versed with the application of emerging technologies is a plus
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity