Director Real Estate at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director Real Estate to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Director Real Estate will be responsible for the development of a proposed real estate strategy based on Village MD site selection market research. In coordination with site selection, business development and brokerage partners, this role identifies future sites for stand-alone clinics and oversees the real estate aspects of acquisition projects.
How you can make a difference
- In coordination with construction department, vet and analyze feasibility sites for future growth.
- In partnership with construction and finance team, develop and vet financing packages for proposed real estate sites.
- Prepare monthly, or as needed basis, reporting to reflect status of all real estate transactions.
- Manage project data / metrics related to real estate pipeline using Smartsheet / Procore platform.
- In coordination with brokerage partners, facilitate and lead REC meetings for all proposed site reviews and approvals.
- In coordination with brokerage partners and Procurement, provide negotiation recommendations and/or negotiate terms with LL from LOI initiation to lease execution.
- Ensure the real estate transaction meets the financial and operating objectives of VMD.
- Lead, plan and participate in site visits for real estate selection.
- Ensure real estate pipeline is established to meet VMD’s growth needs.
- Develop and execute end-to-end real estate process.
- Manage the VMD RE portfolio
- Build out and maintain Facilities Management function via:
- Third party vendor service
- Collaboration with facilities management Senior Analyst
- Collaboration with RE partners
Skills for success
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish trusting relationships across internal and external groups.
- Ability to manage multiple markets; real estate transactions and multi year pipeline simultaneously.
- Holding partners accountable, even if not direct reports.
- Solve problems with hands on ability to execute, not just lead.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to use data to inform decision making.
- Comfort with ambiguity that will come from unique market characteristics.
- Proactive desire to create efficiencies and standardization upon each market iteration.
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of real estate / brokerage process
- Knowledge of M&A / acquisition process
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.