Director, Retail Center of Excellence
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to add a Director of Retail Center of Excellence to its growing team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
We are searching for an individual that has experience in the Natural, Organic, Health & Wellness industry and will enable provide valuable insights and solutions to drive sales.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Are you passionate about health and the role of diet in driving holistic wellness? Do you have experience working in grocery retail as a retailer, consultant, vendor, or analyst? SPINS, the consultant for Natural and Specialty retail, is looking to fill an exciting role that will be integral to the success of our Health and Wellness initiative with large format retailers and if you answered yes to those two questions, you could be exactly what we’re looking for.
The Director of our Retail Center of Excellence will be responsible for implementing SPINS’ cross-departmental playbook to help conventional retailers build credibility with their consumers in health and wellness. As a subject matter expert in emerging diets (like Paleo, Keto, FODMAP), the natural products industry, and its relevant certifications, this unique role will help our retailer partners rise to meet the evolving needs of their consumers by bringing SPINS insights into their assortment reviews, in-store signage, ecommerce, and direct to consumer communications.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
You must be comfortable interacting with all levels of an organization to drive change from store to general office. Interaction with store managers, category managers and executives will be expected. You'll be acting as a project manager, keeping on top of timelines and delivering with excellence. This role requires excellent communication skills, delivering strong customer service, consultation and partnership with our retailer clients. You'll act as a credible voice for consumer diets and ways of eating, especially in the Natural and Organic space and will likely have experience as a nutritionist, dietitian, or at a Natural/Organic focused retailer. You must have experience interacting with grocery retailers and must be a competent and passionate presenter. You'll also be expected to develop the ability to interpret and use SPINS retail data, to be able to effectively communicate with our retail partners.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- 7+ years professional working experience
- 4+ years in grocery retail as a retailer, manufacturer, consultant, analyst
- Preference given to those with experience in the natural products industry
- Experience with retail data preferred