Director of Retail Partners at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
This Director of Retail Partners role reports to the VP Customer Success and is responsible for leading account development with retailers. The Director will be responsible for nurturing our partnerships with a large broad group of Retail clients (100+) across grocery, pet, and natural channels and is an integral part of our Retail strategy as well as building a highly effective team. The Director will build senior level client relationships and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships centered around retailer-centric strategies leveraging SPINS solutions. This individual will actively seek opportunities enhancing the collaboration between retailers and SPINS to benefit all. As a recognized subject matter expert, the Director will work alongside the SPINS internal teams matching opportunities with our clients’ teams and be responsible for maintaining alignment and driving value. The Director will interface regularly with Senior Leaders.
Key activities include driving creation of strategic account work plans and day-to-day management of client and team activity including:
- Understand critical retail processes and identify opportunities to infuse data and analytics to improve decision making
- Cultivate relationships with key contacts within retail partner organizations to drive advocacy at senior levels
- Engage with Merchandising teams as trusted partners and thought leaders to develop competitive strategies founded in industry knowledge and in-depth analysis
- Prioritize opportunities with onsite by focusing on the value they deliver to both the retailer and SPINS
- Develop and deliver efficient reporting and analytics using proprietary data including business intelligence solutions; with a focus on the natural/wellness components
- Facilitate Executive-level meetings to align on and deliver against strategic priorities
- Anticipate shifts in market trends and competitive threats to position SPINS as their ‘go to’ thought leaders
- Present insight solutions that bring the ‘best of SPINS’ to tackle client issues, leveraging proprietary tools, capabilities, and consulting to deliver measurable value.
- Visibly demonstrate partnership value across multiple areas of the business through ongoing touchpoints and tracking. This role will work closely with the Solutions, Marketing, CGS, Product Intelligence, New Ventures, and Sales teams building scalable solutions to support retail initiatives.
- Synthesize feedback to anticipate needs for retailer partners on longer time horizons and coordinate product development and commercialization plans with SPINS internal teams, particularly the SPINS solution team.
- Facilitate learning and development within the team to develop standards for account management, collaborate to create and disseminate best practices for client deliverables.
- Manage retailer and partner agreements and renewals including successful execution of roadmaps/account plans.
- Effective communication with retail leadership team providing consistent updates to highlight wins and raise key challenges
- Build a highly effective and highly motivated team inspiring the achievement of SPINS mission and goals alongside building SPINS’ future leaders
What You Bring
This high visibility component of our business builds and influences the development of customer solutions for one of the fastest growing industries in today’s market. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of relationship management and leadership skills rooted in a passion to understand and reach customers through business intelligence, data and analytics. The role requires the ability to work closely with all areas of the organization including executives, technology, analytics and insights, marketing and merchandising departments.
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Marketing or Information Technology (or related degree)
- 8+ years of experience with a Retailer, Distributor, Broker or Manufacturer (retailer preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in account/relationship management and/or partner development
- 5+ years of experience story-telling using data, insight and visualization
- Business and commercial acumen
- Data analysis
- Advanced Excel/Visualization skills required
- Strong competence in technical skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Experience in leading highly effective teams
- Build strong relationships with colleagues and Clients
- Guide and empower team to deliver against consistently high standards
- Instill a culture of constant development, exchanging feedback and improving ways of working
- Role model the behaviors you seek from your team
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.