Director, Risk Management at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
Director, Risk Management
The Director, Risk Management is responsible for managing, improving, planning, supporting and providing strategic oversight over enterprise risk management, procurement, treasury & ESG related functions. This role works closely with Finance, Legal, Tax and Operations to ensure all of p44’s goals are met.
- Develops, executes, oversees and approves all activities, policies, procedures and systems of the treasury department regarding cash management, including investment portfolio, credit, and risk management; ensures that compliance with company policies, procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations is maintained at all times;
- Oversees all transactions and contracts having financial implications; coordinates and supervises the release of funds (wire transfer activities, checks, etc.) for the global entity; assists in the management and coordination of the corporate insurance program;
- Establishes and maintains banking relationships for corporate, subsidiary and international bank accounts; coordinates and maintains borrowing and leasing arrangements with lending institutions; maintains debt compliance activities for all borrowing and leasing arrangements;
- Assists the organization in raising capital and other forms of financing as may be needed;
- Coordinate with FP&A on cash flow forecasting, with ownership for forecasting disbursements (ensure process in place to update weekly).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with debt covenants
- Develop and maintain relationships with bankers (commercial & investment)
- Periodically prepares reports and statistics on the activities of the treasury function
- Responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk.
- Develops Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework.
- Ensures the organization's risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Establishes the Enterprise Risk Management architecture for the company.
- Oversees or monitors all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Monitors and analyzes risks within the company's business units and reports on these risks to the Board.
- Chairs or provides key inputs into the company's enterprise risk or other committee that oversees the enterprise risk management process and ensures alignment with organizational objectives.
- This position also may have responsibilities for Insurance and Risk Management and / or Business Continuity Planning activities for the organization.
- Lead efforts for Insurance renewal process – general, worker’s comp, D&O, etc.; make recommendations balancing risk and costs (including brokerage RFP, if applicable)
- Liaison between operations and insurance broker to verify existing coverage, make recommendations to modify contract proposal language or obtain additional coverage if deemed necessary
- Lead the implementation of the procurement framework (including negotiating contractual amendments with suppliers).
- Lead the development, management and implementation of p44’s global Environmental Social Governance (ESG) procurement strategy aligned with the overall purpose and impact ambition of the firm
- Lead Efforts to obtain and maintain favorable analyst and ESG ratings
- Special projects as needed to support the executive team
- Oversees internal controls in the areas of responsibility
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree(s) in finance or similar field of study AND
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Treasury, Risk Management or Regulatory Relations Experience OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualifications:
- History of building a treasury function from the bottom up
- Ability to manage day-to-day activities of the treasury function
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and deliver high quality work product and support
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills and proficiency with digital meeting and presentation platforms
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of the financial markets and strong working knowledge of accounting, banking and other relevant regulatory/statutory issues
- Broad knowledge of banking and financial products, and knowledge of treasury management systems
- Highly ethical professional, with strong business acumen
- Collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be exacting, thorough and attentive to detail, while still meeting deadlines
- Process orientated with the demonstrated ability to identify and define issues, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced skills), PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (minimal if any, e.g teambuilding or training), once office reopens
- Ability to clear required background check
- Knowledge of procurement frameworks, methodologies, strategy, and planning for ESG
- Have sound quantitative and analytical skills (financial and non-financial)
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills
- Managing in a complex, matrixed organization
- Master’s degree preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.