Director, Sales & Marketing Operations
PowerReviews, a global technology leader in reviews and user-generated social content to more than 1,000 brands and retailers, is looking for a Director, Sales & Marketing Operations to direct, manage and operationalize sales force and marketing productivity. This includes planning, sales reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, training, program implementation plus sales compensation design and administration as well as marketing campaign setups, with tracking, tag implementation and attribution management across technology platforms. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, the Director, Sales & Marketing Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales and marketing organization.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales and marketing organizations.
- Drives sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Owns sales and marketing automation technology and campaign set-ups including naming convention, mapping and tracking with transparency and granularity to increase visibility throughout the sales funnel.
- Owns sales and marketing database accuracy, hygiene and governance. Enables marketing campaign attribution modeling
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quota attainment.
- Assist the VP of Sales with territory development
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting processes and tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with the required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Analyze account sales, utilization, and trends via sales reporting to ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers. Lead the sales teams and ensure that tools and processes are standardized and efficiently leveraged across the business unit.
- Ensure that the customer success team provides key relationship management with our top strategic customers.
- Ability to assess, interpret, and draw accurate conclusions from a variety of data sources. Mine extensive data points, interpret data and develop solid recommendations to enables sales and marketing optimizations.
- Provide the required information and strategy to help drive sales and marketing performance, predictability, and efficiency.
- Own the sales and marketing technology stack and partnership with IT.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- May directly manage a support staff made up of Sales Operations Administrators, Analysts or interns.
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- 5+ years experience in Sales and Marketing Operations leadership, preferably at a growth stage company
- Excellent analytical, business intelligence, database governance and project management skills
- Expertise in Salesforce and the Salesforce ecosystem and data enrichment tools
- Deep understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation set up and management, including customization opportunities
- Expertise using Marketo, Hubspot of like platforms preferred
- Knowledgeable in Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook and other like digital platforms. Experience running Salesforce development projects to customize the application
- Salesforce certification preferred
- Experience with Quota and compensation planning