Director Strategic Growth Initiatives at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Director of Strategic Growth Initiatives In Chicago, IL
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director of Strategic Growth initiatives to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Market Growth Strategy Director will partner with our VP of Market Growth Strategy to lead critical market growth strategies for the company.
Could this be you?
The Director of Strategic Growth Initiatives is responsible for developing and leading new business initiatives that will drive VillageMD’s growth across our markets. This includes identifying new business opportunities, creating a strategy for capturing those opportunities, getting stakeholder alignment on pursuing, and launching these new initiatives. This will include both launching new initiatives internally and potentially forming and managing strategic partnerships.
This role serves as a critical resource in creating new businesses within the company and optimizing our growth and margin profile through strategic initiatives. Through strong strategic thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset, this Director is a vital contributor toward enterprise growth. This individual will have the latitude to create and incubate new business lines and form strategic partnerships to support and grow VillageMD’s core business.
How you can make a difference
- Gather organizational input and develop potential new strategic initiatives to drive growth or margin improvement
- Own the assessment of new business opportunities including financial modeling
- Develop plans to launch new business opportunities / strategic initiatives which may include go-to-market strategy formulation, capability assessment, pricing analysis
- Assess capabilities required for new business opportunities including an assessment of build/buy/partner
- Drive alignment on the opportunity and launch plans across key cross-functional stakeholders including Business Development, Marketing, Operations, Clinical, and Payer Contracting
- Launch pilot programs, assess performance, and propose changes
- Oversee analyst(s) and provide direction on work product, including developing processes and frameworks and managing end-to-end execution of projects
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment, taking an active role in developing junior staff
Skills for success
- Strong leader with ability to build trust across cross-functional and executive leadership
- Entrepreneur mindset with a passion of building new businesses
- Strong analytical skillset combined with the ability to synthesize findings into leadership-level business recommendations
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading successful teams and managing conflict
- Ability to complete projects on tight timelines with attention to detail and follow through
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration, Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics or a related field
- MBA not required but preferred
- 10 years of experience in the areas of healthcare strategy consulting, corporate strategy, business development, or strategic planning
- Experience in starting and scaling a fast-growing business or start-up experience
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.