Director, Strategy & Operations at DoorDash
At DoorDash we’re building the world’s leading marketplace for on-demand delivery and we believe that in order to accomplish this we’ll need to disrupt ourselves a few times along the way. This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand, and make a material impact on the future of e-commerce in the U.S.
What you’ll do
- Strategize - Develop the best path for DoorDash to leverage in pursuing excellence in on-demand delivery, identify the trends that emerge and know when to double down and when to try something new.
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to continuously run tests on everything from improving consumer engagement to finding the best packaging for food to travel in.
- Build – You aren’t afraid because “something hasn’t been done before” in fact you’re excited by it, your job will include building products and launching initiatives from the ground up.
- Analyze – Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to pull out the real insights and make daily adjustments
- Collaborate – Work with a cross-functional team including operations, product, engineering, finance, analytics and marketing to execute on the plans that were built.
- Operate – Figure out how to get A to B and then execute on that plan.
- Problem Solver – You love thinking about problems from a first principles approach, and don’t resort to lazy “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Analytical: You back your decisions up with data and facts
- 8-10 years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, getting cross functional alignment and hitting goals
- Leadership experience, preferably having managed a team of at least 3 direct reports
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to run meetings and work streams with senior leadership across the company.
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) ; SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.