Director, Strategy & Operations
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are seeking an energetic and driven Director of Contact Center Strategy & Operations to join our evolving Care team. In this role you will report to the VP, Care. You will be responsible for managing teams consisting of Reporting & Analytics, Project Management and Technology. You will be expected to lead and provide coaching to these teams as well as conducting regular deep dive analysis into current contact center capabilities and then converting those analysis into actionable items that shape the future of the Care organization (Strategy). This role will work closely within the Care organization, be a part of the Care Leadership team and will also be the liaison between Technology and Product teams.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an excellent leader, have strong project management skills, the ability to deploy multiple projects in a fast paced environment and have a good understanding of contact center technologies and industry trends.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Management and leadership of performance metrics include contact reduction/efficiency, staffing utilization, concession rates, acceptable turnover, and financial performance
- Monitor the Service Level Agreements (SLA), improving contact performance, improving use of resources and the adoption of new proven technologies to reduce contacts, increase efficiency and improve the Customer experience
- Actively contribute to the overall Care leadership operational targets, as well as, our daily business decisions
- Engage in leading and inspiring others to think outside of the box and develop best practices in the performance of the Contact Center
- Working alongside the VP, Care provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every contact
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development
- Drive strategic initiatives and support the development of long-term growth plans and profitability goals
- Analyze and recommend emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, viability of outside business partners, internal business performance and business process improvement
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility; May give input into developing the budget
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree (Business, Finance Operations Management or Information Science preferred); MBA a strong plus.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in a fast moving Customer Service operation, Six Sigma/LEAN or Operational Management in a Contact Center environment
- Strong project management skills in an e-commerce/technology environment is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- A willingness to learn and adapt
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members across an organization
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines
- Highly collaborative and effective communicator with all levels in an organization
Got These? Even Better:
- Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiarity with SQL, Statistics and/or Tableau
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.