Director, Supplier Performance Management - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
Leads the strategy and execution of Zoro's supplier performance management.
- Drives accountability with suppliers to ensure operational standards are met and exceeded.
- Design and implement metrics to measure supplier delivery performance.
- Design and implement supplier outreach processes to efficiently communicate performance effectiveness and areas of needed improvement.
- Design and implement processes to efficiently follow up on individual orders that are past due.
- Integrate Supply Chain processes with Customer Service processes to efficiently update customers on delivery issues caused by supplier performance failures.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management Leadership to ensure supplier management is coordinated between the strategic level (product managers) and operational level (supplier performance analysts).
- Closely collaborate with Customer Service Leadership to ensure the efficient information and work flows regarding customer backorders and supplier performance issues.
Lead a team of Supplier Performance Analysts
- Director will oversee a brand new team tasked with delivering an awesome customer experience through exceptional supplier performance. The Team will start with 3-5 Supplier Performance Analysts and quickly scale from there.
- Takes personal accountability for the team's goals while also leading Team Members who are driven to constantly improve the Zoro customer experience through improved supplier performance.
- Mentor and coach team members to encourage the growth and development of each individual's skills and professional experiences.
- Establish appropriate goals and metrics designed to improve the overall Team performance and take appropriate action when necessary.
- Design methodologies and processes to prioritize analyst workloads and workflows.
- Lead the team through the implementation of process improvement projects with suppliers.
- Identify and implement a comprehensive approach to people, processes and systems to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency of the analysts' efforts.
- 7-10 years' experience in related field.
- BA/BS requried.
- Strong working knowledge of e-commerce business strategies especially best practices for 3rd party supplier management and order fulfillment.
- Must have an understanding of e-commerce generally and Zoro's business strategies specifically for order fulfillment processes.
- Proven ability to lead successful teams by driving large volumes of high quality work, coaching team members for maximum professional growth and inspiring maximum team member engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change and persuade/lead others through the change to minimize team disruption. Ensure a continuously high performing team.
- Netsuite and SAP experience preferred.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.