Director, Technology and Database Operations
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the Network Operations Center, Database admin team and the teams which support them. This person will have the technical depth to lead their team in a deep dive on application and database related issues to ensure we meet or exceed our Service Level Agreements and Objectives for our customers. Someone with legacy and cloud-based technologies will do well in this role.
- Develops and implements processes and standards adhering to industry best practices and responsible for ensuring the integrity, reasonable response times, and availability of IT Service Desk, Network Operations Center, and other support functions.
- Collaborates with other IT leaders in discussions with end users to analyze needs and ensure IT operations and services are optimized to support business processes. Seeks to identify other potential end user customer service enhancements.
- Evaluates Service Level Agreements (SLA) data and drives deep ticket analysis to identify and implement improvement opportunities to include a focus on accurate first-time ticket assignment, decreasing ticket reopen rates, increasing efficiencies in ticket management, and reducing ticket closure time.
- Analyzes data and key performance indicators to develop and publish application performance metrics. Publishes accessible dashboard reporting on service and delivery.
- Leads and mentors managers and team members to maintain qualified and motivated personnel; provides direction through development plans and performance evaluations, monitors workload and responsibilities in support of CCC’s vision and mission statements.
- Evaluation of staffing levels based on future business initiatives to support the company purpose.
- 5+ years leading technical teams.
- 3+ years with operating cloud-based technologies.
- 7+ years of RDBMS and/o Hadoop/NOSQL technology experience or similar engineering discipline.
- Must be comfortable diving in the technical, as well as, talking with the customer on issues
- Prior experience as a developer or engineer in IT based technologies.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage instances with multiple operating system platform.
- Understanding of application development, database, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!