Director, Technology Program Operations at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
We are looking for a Director, Technology Program Operations to help drive the most important projects our company is working on. You will be working with leadership across technology and product management to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will report directly to the CTO and will have a key role in driving the success of project44.
- Drive the maturity of overall technology organization operation, communicate internally and with Product and the rest of the organization
- Manage technology program roadmap, including technology improvement initiatives and projects
- Provide administrative support as well as identify risks, issues, challenges and opportunities that may affect the project deliverables and timeline
- Provide continuous improvement through analysis, process improvement, metrics reporting and program maturity tracking
- Define, manage and drive special, business critical projects to successful completion while providing visibility to executive stakeholders
- Report program status to executives, as well as deep-dive into technical discussions with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Generate both high-level and detailed reports for project stake holders spanning business and technical teams
- Document all project artifacts and ensure that they are complete, organized, stored appropriately, and shared with project members
- Set the standards for communications and reporting, monitoring and providing feedback on communications between teams
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis and changes to the project and or business objectives
- Track and coordinate team organization charts and hiring pipeline tracking
- Actively learn and fully understand project44 business model, product offering, go-to-market, etc.
- Take a leadership role within project44, empowering, motivating, and supporting team members to do their best work
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Experience working with fast-growth technology company, strongly preferred
- Experience managing large, complex projects across multiple functions
- 7+ years of experience managing multiple technology projects and programs
- Bachelor’s degree in and Engineer or Business field
- Worked closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test, and release on time)
- Experience in supporting development, implementation, and evaluation of strategies to effect change
- Experience with freight logistics, preferred
- Experience working with a SaaS product, preferred
- Ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Ability to drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong and precise communication, being comfortable with presenting to executives and large audiences
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.